General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Have to agree sadly. Andy Brassle has decent things to say but has this deliberation in his speech that comes across as him thinking what he's saying is extremely important and insightful. He pronounces foreign players names with an accent as well, which is always the sign of a wrongun who belongs on Tifo or The Totally Football Show.

Jules Breach is great imo, proper breath of fresh air and always in good spirits. Vish is quite witty, Kate Mason is awful and constantly interrupts and Lars never shuts up or has anything interesting to say.

It does feel like it has the potential to pick up. Better chemistry, some decent guests, maybe they will give a bit more away into the ins and outs of football. Although I guess they are massively limited with what they can say. Just all a bit crap at the minute. Both seem like nice fellas, mind. 

Wilson sounds like Sully off Top Boy on this. 

On 16/12/2021 at 08:55, TheGuv said:

I tend to listen to the free True Faith podcast on Spotify on my way to work. It’s alright and I quite like hearing different views from time to time; particularly when the craic on Pod on the Tyne’s can become too much.

Anyway, that Charlotte lass on TF is incredibly annoying and I don’t think she knows what the fuck she’s talking about half the time. 

I enjoy True Faith as think Corby, Norman Riley, Alex even are all very knowledgeable and I like to hear their thoughts. Have to agree with Charlotte unfortunately. Every sentence starts with 'erm' (once you notice it, it becomes incredibly annoying and hard to forget about). 

Agree with regards to 'GallowgateShots' podcast. Probably my favourite out of the lot. Deka and Besty know their stuff and very easy to listen to :thup:

19 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Have to agree with Charlotte unfortunately. Every sentence starts with 'erm' (once you notice it, it becomes incredibly annoying and hard to forget about

That, and saying "like" profusely.

I used to listen to the Football Ramble; but I’ve just realised it must be a good four or five years since I last listened to it.

The Newcastle supporter ones I’ve listened to on the odd occasion - I find them all difficult to get into.  They’re basically post match pub conversations, only without your mates, which means there’s no obvious reason to carry on listening unless there’s something wider going on - and I fundamentally disagreed with those who have spent the last decade protesting against Ashley’s other businesses, and then used their platform to wash their hands re the new ownership.  Have to agree that Norman comes across as a decent gadgie on the TF ones I’ve heard him on.

This isn’t strictly the case for those like Pod on the Tyne or Everything is B&W, which have local sports hacks.  But then, I have never felt football is well served journalistically.  Though EIB&W can be occasionally distracting listening to John ‘Gibbo’ Gibson reminiscing about times past and talking about his match day experiences with his mate Supermac.  You can practically smell the LCL coming off him at times.

An absolute classic 20 years ago today:

2001 Bedlington Terriers dumped United's Reserves out of the Northumberland Senior Cup 2-0. It was the second time the teams had met in the same competition that season, with Newcastle winning the left-over final from the previous season. 

What was going to be a yellow card for a tackle became a straight red when Jamie McClen gave his name as Santa Claus. An unimpressed referee promptly dispatched him without further ado to the nearby grotto, otherwise known as the changing rooms.

21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What's the best NUFC-related Christmas gift you've ever got? 

Hands down getting an NUFC bootbag and then opening them to see these bad boys as worn by my favourite player David Ginola and by Les Ferdinand. 

nik-117075.011-main_1.jpg

Getting the McEwan's Lager version of the Asics kit and the Christmasses in 94 and 95 getting the coat and the training gear were class as well. 

Edited by kisearch

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Was out on the annual post-Christmas pub crawl with the lads one year, all proper bevvied, SSN in the bar announces that Pardew was away to Palace. What a night

56 minutes ago, Paully said:

Any of you lot on this?!

Jesus wept.  Nearly broke my spine from cringing.  Tory melt.

And yet it’s not even the most embarrassing thing he’s done in the last few weeks - but nothing will ever top the Kate Stewart chocolate wrapper.  Or his pathetic idolisation and home video … sorry film … about thick thuggish twats the Sayers.  Or [insert other examples here]

I thought I'd seen the most cringy, embarrassing video in my life yesterday with that Everton lass singing the Andros Townsend song. Today has just surpassed it. Fuck sake man does Wraith ever think how much of a tool he looks doing shite like this :embarrassed:

Edited by Pokerprince2004

21 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I got one of those books where they use your name and by the end of the story you’ve scored the winner in the FA Cup final making your childhood dream come true. I was 35 when my mam got me that.

22 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Bukta yellow and green strip around ‘78-ish?  Think it was knitted from fishing line.