General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Why? They scrapping it after this season?

Not sure. Just says under the Brighton game on the ticket page. Can’t find anything else about it. Wonder if they’re coming up with something different for next season? 

Desperate to get my old seat back next to my dad which no one has bought yet since I didn't renew at the end of 2018-19, dunno if getting a membership now is worth it as may they give precedence for STs to members? Probably not but I've been fretting about all possibilities for months. 

28 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

My first thought about them ending membership sign ups is they might give first dibs to members but that’s probably just wishful thinking!

Yeah, all the top clubs have membership schemes of sorts. Rather than getting rid of it, this may just be a cut off for this season.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable to give members first dibs on new season ticket sales in the summer, and I say that as someone who’s not a member.

Edited by Whitley mag

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Yeah, all the top clubs have membership schemes of sorts. Rather than getting rid of it, this may just be a cut off for this season.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable to give members first dibs on new season ticket sales in the summer, and I say that as someone who’s not a member.

Membership runs out on May 31st.

Doubtful that ST sales will begin then

2 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Agreed. On June 1st it will be impossible to know who had a membership this season.

Surely it’s logged. When I sign in using my supporter number it tells me I had a membership about 6 years ago. Unless if not understood what you are meaning 

Edited by gdm

I wouldn’t read too much into it - they normally stop membership sales about this time as selling a season membership for a couple of months worth of benefits ain’t really a good look.

That said, I expect them to make big changes to ticketing moving forwards, especially away loyalty points. We’ve got far too many fans who buy tickets just for the loyalty point and then sell them on, and loads who are on 150+ points who only attend the odd game now.

I gave up my season ticket (150+ points) when Rafa left, it was a wrench but I knew the potential consequences. If and when they go on sale, I’ll join the scramble to get one. Unfortunately I do think a lot may have to give up season tickets on the back of rising inflation and energy bills etc. Hopefully the club take this into account when setting season ticket prices.

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it - they normally stop membership sales about this time as selling a season membership for a couple of months worth of benefits ain’t really a good look.

That said, I expect them to make big changes to ticketing moving forwards, especially away loyalty points. We’ve got far too many fans who buy tickets just for the loyalty point and then sell them on, and loads who are on 150+ points who only attend the odd game now.

I gave up my season ticket (150+ points) when Rafa left, it was a wrench but I knew the potential consequences. If and when they go on sale, I’ll join the scramble to get one. Unfortunately I do think a lot may have to give up season tickets on the back of rising inflation and energy bills etc. Hopefully the club take this into account when setting season ticket prices.

Whilst the point you make about the current loyalty points system is absolutely valid, every system has its drawbacks. If you look at systems employed by other clubs, be it set year rolling points, holding a % back for general sale, they all attract some degree of complaint. I’d personally be surprised if they changed it to any significant degree.