General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You really could make a case for three or four of them for player of the season. What happens in the final seven might decide it.

Pope was probably player of the season at one point but the red card before the cup final blotted his copybook.

For overall consistency of performance I'd say Schar - but you could make a case for loads of players.

Player of the Season: So many, but Trippier. Half the other players depend on him.

Flop of the Season: Ryan Fraser. Seems to have been a bad apple unfortunately. Used to be well ahead of Almiron and Murphy.

Most Improved: Almiron. Wouldn't have believe this season 12 months ago.

Unsung Hero: Longstaff among our fans, Schar in the wider world.

Signing of the Season: Pope. Set the tone.

Edited by 80

Player of the Season: Joelinton, but it's incredibly close between him, Trippier and Schär.

Flop of the Season: A tie between Fraser and Targett

Most Improved: Almiron

Unsung Hero: Schär

Signing of the Season: Pope

Edited by Kid Icarus

Player of the Season: Bruno -tempted to give to Joe, Trippier, Pope but then I realized that's cos I've just gotten used to how class Bruno is.

Flop of the Season: Fraser - thought he'd be a decent bit-part player after the end of last season.

Most Improved: Almirón - seems clear

Unsung Hero: Schar (Defence in general gets a lot of praise, but for the cb Botman gets the attention as the flash signing).

Signing of the Season: Pope

Player of the Season: Bruno - it feels like you can make a case for a good few.  Joelinton, Trippier, Schar.  But when Bruno doesn't play, we are a totally different side and it is really noticeable how much weaker we are.

Flop of the Season: Targett - seems harsh singling him out, as he's not been playing and putting in bad performances.  He just can't get in the team for whatever reason and seems like a waste of money, at this stage. 

Most Improved: Almiron.

Unsung Hero: Schar or Longstaff.  

Signing of the Season: NEEEEEEK Pope - he's had a mini-wobble of late.  But he has been flawless nearly all season, prior to that.  Isak and Botman seem like transformative signings, moving forward.  But they cost quite a bit of money in comparison and Pope is the best keeper we have had in my lifetime, I reckon. 

Player of the Season: Bruno. The ankle knock has curtailed him a little, but we look so much weaker when he doesn't play it's hard not to consider him our most important player. 

Flop of the Season: Targett. Feels like even now he's back form injury Eddie doesn't really fancy him. Which is a shame as Burn has need a rest since the cup final really. 

Most Improved Player: Schar. From solid PL CB who is decent with the ball to one of the best CBs in the league. 

Unsung Hero: Longstaff. Finally starting to get his recognition after the Villa game, gets through so much work. If he could add a little more composure in his finishing he'd be a £60m player. 

Signing of the Season: Isak. I thought/think Wilson is class, but this lad is a different level. First properly world class forward we've had since Shearer. 

Player of the Season: Bruno.

Flop of the Season: Kuol or Anderson.

Most Improved Player: Big Joe but could include Little Joe, Longstaff, Murphy or Almiron.

Unsung Hero: Longstaff.

Signing of the Season: Isak or Botman.

Player of the Season: Joelinton - some may have had more exciting performances but again no one was as consistently good - unbelievable that £40m has become a snip for this man

Flop of the Season: N/A - seems anyone being called a flop is purely by virtue of not being able to get in to the team which feels harsh, and I had no expectations for those players anyway

Most Improved: Almiron - maybe would've gone Murphy if there wasn't an unsung hero option for him but Almiron more than fits the bill - whether that first half of the season efficiency was a purple patch or not, it was beautiful

Unsung Hero: Murphy - you could always see a willingness from him but it's amazing the contribution Howe has managed to unlock from him

Signing of the Season: Isak - I see a parallel universe where we slide out of European contention if we didn't have him available to give Wilson a clearly needed rest - even if it was half a season he's the one for me

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Got to say it'll be interesting to see if any of our players end up in the PL Team of the Season. 

I think Trippier is a pretty good bet but not sure outside of that.

I think Pope will or should get in there. Liverpool mistake aside he's been by far the best 'keeper in the league this season. Botman is always in and around supporters of other clubs' teams of the season as well. 

Think it'll be something like:

Pope
Trippier

Stones

Saliba, White, Martinez, Ake or Botman

Shaw or Zinchenko

Casemiro or Rodri

KDB

Odegaard

Saka

Haaland

Grealish

Manager of the season: Guardiola, Arteta, or Howe.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think these last 1.5 years will forever be my glory days* as a NUFC supporter. We have such a perfect mix of old players outperforming what we considered to be their limits and a couple new superstars who fits into the group really well. Everyone involved seems to be loving life.

Its so charming to still have a clumsy looking player like BDB at left back, the Brazilian bromance and Longstaff/Almiron (whose careers were on life support pre Howe) giggling like schoolboys at any opportunity. Its also so refreshing to see the small actions that causes big leaps on the commercial side, as they remind us how neglected the club was during the MA era. 

For me it doesnt get any better than this. Id much rather see this group of players who I all love perform to their fullest to achieve top 4 than seeing a high turnover team of mercenaries win the champions league

Think this moment epitomises the season. Its been so fucking wholesome :smitten:

*Became a fan in 2003, but only started watching games from December 2008.

Was thinking about players who played under SBR last time we were in the champions league and this squad to try and come up with a combined 11

Obviously formations and the game have changed alot since then but fuck it...

I'd go

Given

Trippier

Woodgate

Botman

Bernard

Solano

Bruno

Joelinton

Robert

Shearer

Isak

Edited by jack j

Forget player etc of the season, the main award is the top knee slider in the squad

love Miggys transformation from excited slide to the im the boss slide, and 9ft 5 Burn knee sliding was fun.

bit for me Little Joe has the slide nailed and picks up this particular award.

any other left field awards to hand out?

18 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Forget player etc of the season, the main award is the top knee slider in the squad

love Miggys transformation from excited slide to the im the boss slide, and 9ft 5 Burn knee sliding was fun.

bit for me Little Joe has the slide nailed and picks up this particular award.

any other left field awards to hand out?

He was pony the 1st time he tried it, watch carefully 😂😂😂