General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

10 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Owners can put in money when they want to (usually through allocation of shares), but only 90 million can be offset against FFP. It's important for us initially though, as it gives us some leeway whilst we build up our commercial/sponsorship revenue. 

This something that’s we’ve done already right? And it’s a yearly total?

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to understand this process a lot better than the headline £105m over 3 years. My naive view is that when I see all these reports filed, pretty much every club in the division is easily reporting this type of loss over the period allowed 

That was also the last season under the old TV rights cycle too I think? So we should see a decent uptick in income from that alone, plus a bit more on top for a better finishing position. 

Edit - 11th to 6th would have been +£11m last season, +£15.4m for finishing 4th

Edited by Keegans Export

2 hours ago, andyc35i said:

This something that’s we’ve done already right? And it’s a yearly total?

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to understand this process a lot better than the headline £105m over 3 years. My naive view is that when I see all these reports filed, pretty much every club in the division is easily reporting this type of loss over the period allowed 

Yeah they have done it already, but won't show until the next accounts. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

70m to secure not being relegated is a snip. Especially factoring in the next to non-existent commercial side bequeathed by the cunt.

Not just that but two of them at least are good enough to be top 4/CL starters (one albeit for 2-3 years left tops).

On 01/04/2023 at 15:20, Interpolic said:

Refreshing seeing news of our accounts when the first thought isn't how we've fiddled them to make it look like we couldn't have spent any more on transfers. 

It's the complete opposite now; how can we fiddle them to let us spend more  :lol:

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Great thread.

Good that, although Everton/Chelsea/West Ham were all definitely about moments within otherwise un-memorable matches, imo.

I feel like we're due something truly iconic post-Ashley. Been some class wins obviously but nothing yet that goes into any lists. Arsenal last season and Sunday are probably the closest to it so far, I suppose?

Probably a wee bit of regret about the weekend actually, as class as it was. It should have been iconic but the low scoreline prevented it from being so. Oh well, it'll come. 

I think 5-1 vs Spurs is probably the most recent 'iconic' Premier League game.