Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I said in the transfer thread that I thought our summer transfer was poor. He's been here just over a year and if the reports are true is on his way, if true fuck him 

Yes.  He can go and spend all someone else's money on chronic gamblers with tiny teeth.

[in attenborough voice] here we see signs that the lean years under ashley still have an effect on the tribe. at a moment's notice and with scant evidence they are ready to turn on one of their leaders with brutal ferocity.

Edited by thomas

May yet transpire that he stays. Obviously a bit of a ballache if he goes, with having to wait for him to start his role here after agreeing but he is replaceable. I don't think our plans for the next 3 or 4 windows change at all, and everything else is still in early stages ready for whoever to step in, if Ashworth leaves that is. 

Guest reefatoon

Bit if a cunts trick if he does off so soon, after we waited all that time to bring him in.

Edited by reefatoon

Am I being overly blasé about this whole thing, but there’s an awful lot of pieces that have to fall into place for this to happen.

Radcliffe actually has to have the 25% buy in ratified.

The Glazers have to allow Radcliffe to have control of the football operation despite only owning 25%

I keep hearing lots in the media about what Radcliffe is going to do, but his alleged takeover is yet to actually come to fruition. And I personally find the idea that the Glazers will give him free reign to call all the shots despite only owning 25% as being a bit fanciful tbh.

Sounds like a lot of things are being played out in the media, which I tend to feel means it’s more hopes rather than plans. The continued media briefing makes me think Radcliffe is a rich Jay from the inbetweeners. 

Obviously I know wait for an official confirmation that’s it’s happening, just to make me look a mug 😂

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

5 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Michael Emenalo, Chelsea’s old DOF is currently working in the Saudi Pro League…….just a thought.

He was strongly touted for the job before hiring Ashworth. Mehdad Ghodoussi even came out publicly stating facts are important when Emenalo’s people were briefing the media that we had discussed the job with him. Doubt we’d go for him because of that.

https://x.com/ghodoussi/status/1467482208499814401?s=46&t=YPwchm7Eflkd4EF16wTg5w

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Am I being overly blasé about this whole thing, but has an awful lot of pieces have to fall into place for this to happen.

Radcliffe actually has to have the 25% buy in ratified.

The Glazers have to allow Radcliffe to have control of the football operation despite only owning 25%

I keep hearing lots in the media about what Radcliffe is going to do, but his alleged takeover is yet to actually come to fruition. And I personally find the idea that the Glazers will give him free reign to call all the shots despite only owning 25% as being a bit fanciful tbh.

I dunno. I've decided that I'm not going to care about this particularly and what will be will be.

It is a bit annoying if Man U have noticed our tactic of going 'who's a well-run club? We're having your staff'. Would much rather they keep floundering about like a Dutchman on mushrooms, but it's basically the way football works.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

I dunno. I've decided that I'm not going to care about this particularly and what will be will be.

It is a bit annoying if Man U have noticed our tactic of going 'who's a well-run club? We're having your staff'. Would much rather they keep floundering about like a Dutchman on mushrooms, but it's basically the way football works.

But I think it signifies everything that Man Utd are now, it’s all about the name and buying them in. Rather than being about trying to actually replicate a coherent structure. The politics and inertia in the boardroom at the club would surely make it a poisoned chalice, whereas he's currently in a relatively pressure less situation with us. 

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

But I think it signifies everything that Man Utd are now, it’s all about the name and buying them in. Rather than being about trying to actually replicate a coherent structure. The politics and inertia in the boardroom at the club would surely make it a poisoned chalice, whereas he's currently in a relatively pressure less situation with us. 

Yeah, though I guess he's got a good name for a reason at least.

Let's face it, Man U are richer and more prestigious that us, so you can see why he might want to go.

On the other hand, we'll hardly be short of cash & can offer him the chance to build something for the first time, which might be appealing, who knows.

If this is all true and its inevitable he's leaving then surely there has to be someone as good or potentially better waiting to get a chance at somewhere like here

Feel we have benefited from Ashworth in a positive manner for the most part but if Man United twerking has honey-baited him then see you and hope you fail there. Never said I wasn't petty.

Edited by Amir_9

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

You can understand the appeal of wanting to rebuild Man Utd but if he goes now, barely five minutes into his current project, it would leave a pretty sour taste. If he's that talented (no reason to believe he isn't) then major opportunities will keep coming. Not to mention that he's already got one; and it would be nice if he'd consider seeing it through and having a fair crack at achieving what he was recruited to achieve. 

It is for this reason that I just can't see him going.  Getting Man U back to their glory days isn't such a great achievement as getting Newcastle PL winners.  I also can't believe the Saudi's would allow it to happen - they'll not want to let one of their greatest assets leave for a rival and would pull all the stops to prevent it from happening. 

Edited by duo

A bit pissed off he's even considering it to be honest after how much we've invested in him and trusted him with, plus the fact we waited around for his gardening leave. He has no ceiling here to create a true force, but it's not the quick hit he could achieve at Man Utd with the FFP margins they have there. 

He could create a legacy here, ah well if he chooses to leave then I hope we find someone better, I just don't know who that could be.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

A bit pissed off he's even considering it to be honest after how much we've invested in him and trusted him with, plus the fact we waited around for his gardening leave. He has no ceiling here to create a true force, but it's not the quick hit he could achieve at Man Utd with the FFP margins they have there. 

He could create a legacy here, ah well if he chooses to leave then I hope we find someone better, I just don't know who that could be.

Is he considering it?

What makes you, or anyone else, think that he is?