Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Our fans are funny man. 6 months ago it was "Ashworth masterclass" now a few dodgy rumours and a few shit injuries and the Tonali thing and he's a 2 faced rat and can be replaced no bother. He would be a massive blow if he went. It would also put a spanner in the works considering what they have probably planned for January/summer. 

36 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Bloke's not gone til he's gone. He's also not the only person in the world who can do what he does. We'll be okay if he decides to jump ship, it'll just be a shame that one of the new regime's first picks has left.

the last time they had to move from 1st to 2nd choice didn’t work out too badly

40 minutes ago, Menace said:

Our fans are funny man. 6 months ago it was "Ashworth masterclass" now a few dodgy rumours and a few shit injuries and the Tonali thing and he's a 2 faced rat and can be replaced no bother. He would be a massive blow if he went. It would also put a spanner in the works considering what they have probably planned for January/summer. 

Fans can be fickle (not all) [emoji38]

Football and emotions are fresh produce. Can't rest on the past all the time.

Now there are some pieces that need to be in place before this becomes a reality anyway.

On the other hand, it must only be positive that we have attractive employees.

If Ashworth leaves it would be good for the football club. He made us timid. All the takeover euphoria is vanished with his l know it all approach. 

He was at WBA, England, Brighton three sides with one big fat 0 trophy. Granted he bought and sold some average players at Brighton but as the richest club in the world making profit by selling players shouldn't be a thing to aim for.

We need a Micheal Edwards or someone sound from Europe. The German director of football at Westham is doing wonders. 

I would fire him let alone giving time for him to jump the ship. With club did a lot without him in Jan 2022 than he did with three transfer windows it is tellig how on earth he got the tag he is good operator blah blah

Edited by Strawberry

28 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

If Ashworth leaves it would be good for the football club. He made us timid. All the takeover euphoria is vanished with his l know it all approach. 

He was at WBA, England, Brighton three sides with one big fat 0 trophy. Granted he bought and sold some average players at Brighton but as the richest club in the world making profit by selling players shouldn't be a thing to aim for.

We need a Micheal Edwards or someone sound from Europe. The German director of football at Westham is doing wonders. 

I would fire him let alone giving time for him to jump the ship. With club did a lot without him in Jan 2022 than he did with three transfer windows it is tellig how on earth he got the tag he is good operator blah blah

Jesus Christ

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

If he's moved on then fair enough as long he's done his job while he's been here (which is a yes from me), should never get too attached to the people in these types of positions.  Seeds are sowed.

People in his position are meant to be long term appointments who can ensure continuity between managers and help transitions. 

his role is meant to set the tone for the who club in terms of both recruitment philosophy as well and playing style. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

People in his position are meant to be long term appointments who can ensure continuity between managers and help transitions. 

his role is meant to set the tone for the who club in terms of both recruitment philosophy as well and playing style. 

Managers are supposed to be long term appointments as well and they were back in the day....  As people are seeing DoF's to be worth their weight in gold nowadays expect the same with these positions and for people who are very good at the roles to jump ship much more quickly imo.

7 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Managers are supposed to be long term appointments as well and they were back in the day....  As people are seeing DoF's to be worth their weight in gold nowadays expect the same with these positions and for people who are very good at the roles to jump ship much more quickly imo.

Naaa. Managers aren’t really long term appointments to be frank, Saf was the exception not the rule. I bet the average manager term is 2 years or so (at PL level). 

If he does go he’s got history of walking out part way through a job so I don’t think any of us will be surprised. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I'm confident a suitable replacement will be found, the full club is now ran by professionals, not some bag carrier on £40k a year.

Has there been anything concrete yet though. I saw one of my journo mates yesterday and he said he’d heard nothing concrete at all yet. The original story mentions the link between Asworth and Brailsford but then there’d just been rehash stories after the initial story (can’t remember who wrote the initial story). 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Has anyone even confirmed he's going ? 

Nope

Tattle rags for morons, the Sun and Daily Mail, have suggested that Man Utd would be interested in him

So naturally the obvious next step is you now have doylems in here saying he’s shite at his job, a dirty rat and should be sacked 

Edited by bobbydazzla

32 minutes ago, Ikon said:

The overreaction from "both sides" :lol: :lol:  Happens all the time in every thread...

Aye, it’s wild

He’s irreplaceable, we’re doomed !

Versus

He‘s shite and a rat, sack him !

Slightly over 2 years ago we had one incompetent lickspittle doing every single leadership job at the club. 

Now we’ve got some of the best people in the industry. They’ll come and go, that’s business  

Have some perspective people

And never, ever, ever, trust the Sun and Daily Mail 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Again as I said a few days ago, maybe give this some credence if and when Radcliffe is actually confirmed to have a 25% stake in the club. Until then it’s like everything that’s been said by Radcliffe in the press, pie in the sky ideas about what he would like to happen.

Radcliffe needs to bring out an energy drink. 

9 hours ago, Menace said:

We're just like everybody else ultimately, pretending we don't need the copium but we absolutely do :lol:

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Radcliffe needs to bring out an energy drink. 

Aye I still find the idea that the Glazers despite being laisse faire owners are suddenly just going to hand over all control of football operations to Radcliffe with his 25%. The whole thing has a whiff of fantasist bullshit surrounding it