Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

If he is 'out of work' for a year, how much work has he done since leaving Brighton?

Didn't he have a good few months he couldn't work when leaving them too? :lol:

Nice job tbh, work for 18 months, take a paid year off and repeat.

Chelsea will be calling next.

10 minutes ago, TRC said:

This is is right, what has he actually done?

Nickson and Howe identified our targets. I dont really feel anything we have done is particularly special, our summer recruitment has been fairly poor, or ability to move players on has been poor.

The problem is people assumed he was going be some super bargain finding recruitment wizard for us because of Brightons business over the last 4 or 5 years, the actual reality is recruitment is only a small part of what Ashworth oversees..

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Can someone with access share the full story please?

Doesn't work with every site (does with that link), but if you out a . after the 'co.uk' it shows the full thing.

EDIT: probabky the wrong link like :lol:

In general if people try that it works now and then

Edited by Hanshithispantz

9 minutes ago, Aiston said:

If he is 'out of work' for a year, how much work has he done since leaving Brighton?

Didn't he have a good few months he couldn't work when leaving them too? :lol:

I think we reached an agreement in May 2022 and he was on gardening leave for like 6 months. So I think he's barely been officially working for us a year before he's seemingly had his head turned. 

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I think we reached an agreement in May 2022 and he was on gardening leave for like 6 months. So I think he's barely been officially working for us a year before he's seemingly had his head turned. 

Was Feb 2022 we agreed a deal and he started working about three months after that iirc

Just now, Jack27 said:

Was Feb 2022 we agreed a deal and he started working about three months after that iirc

Yeah found an old article and re-reading you're right. Seems the May agreement was to cut that gardening leave short. 

If he goes who was that ex Chelsea fella who was credited with setting up all their academy etc, I can't remember his name but I think he was Brazilian or something, he might be worth a shout.

Whilst I'm not going to piss my undercrackers at the seemingly inevitable departure of Ashworth, this does feel like another body blow in a season where we've taken a bit of a pasting for various reasons.

Got to trust he's been decent with the club and the they know of his intentions and have done the groundwork on the replacement.

Or, and I'm not saying I believe this is the case, things may not be quite there behind the scenes as yet.

There is also the fact this is man united, bunch of fucking wankers, but man united all the same.

Just now, MagMal said:

If he goes who was that ex Chelsea fella who was credited with setting up all their academy etc, I can't remember his name but I think he was Brazilian or something, he might be worth a shout.

Michael Emenalo currently working in Saudi 

Just now, MagMal said:

You not thinking of Michael Emenalo or something? Hes in Saudi now if so. He isn’t Brazilian like so you’re probs on about someone else. 

9 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Michael Emenalo currently working in Saudi 

That's him, no idea why I thought he was Brazilian, if he is in Saudi then it shouldn't be an issue getting him!