Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Could look rather foolish if Man U baulk at this and appoint someone else, I’m presuming they know about the release clause, or more likely the arrogant cunts think we’ll roll over as per.

It was like when Chelsea tried to bully Brighton over Caicedo..Brighton held firm, got their £100m and who is laughing now?!? We’ve got all the cards here, dodgy Dan is a cunt so no need to roll over.

Actually nowt worse in modern footy than these glory hunters on twitter who've never been to a football game in their lives. 

The idiots saying 'he asked to leave so let him leave' entirely ignoring or not seeing the context of all this. He's a massively important figure who has only just joined, and he'll know the club inside out. But aye we'll let him go for fuck all to a club we're trying to overtake. 

6 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

This is more like it. The reason no one fucks with Napoli (apart from the mafia) Is because their chairman is known to be a hard ass. We did well with Bayern regarding trips. But this is another big test, do us proud and nobody fucks with us going forward. Thought we were far too soft when we let Dubs go to these cunts, now it’s time to really put our foot down and show them we mean proper business.

You get the sense Riyadh aren't in the business of being warm and fuzzy with other clubs' ownership

If the bloke wants out then that's fair enough, it happens. Sometimes an offer comes in and you just think it'll be better and that's just life.

If he's decided to do that then we're quite within our rights to esure we squeeze as much out of his new employers as possible and if it's £20m then so be it. They want him that badly then they'll cough it up, they don't then tough shit. I'd imagine trying to fuck the Saudi's over on a cash deal is a pretty difficult and risky venture tbh, good luck to them

He's got a bigger fee than half of our squad. Definitely rinse them for everything they have. I wonder how much we paid Brighton at the time. 

Just now, CPL said:

He's got a bigger fee than half of our squad. Definitely rinse them for everything they have. I wonder how much we paid Brighton at the time. 

It was rumoured to be £5m, plus obviously we had to wait six months gardening leave.

2 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

Actually nowt worse in modern footy than these glory hunters on twitter who've never been to a football game in their lives. 

The weird African and Asian contingent on Twitter are part of the reason to avoid it. Seem to have latched on to Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd.

You know you have competent people running the club when you could potentially get 20m for your sporting director.

People were right, having Dan Ashworth would help our transfer department. We will probably get a new signing off the back of this.:lol:

Get 20m or he has to spend 2 years gardening, sounds like a good deal to me.

Just now, Shak said:

Does compensation count towards FFP?

Feels like probably not? :lol:

Money the club receives when players are sold is exactly the same when another staff member leaves, though the latter amount is rarely very large (though it will be large on this occasion).

So yes, it is revenue, and will therefore will count as such for FFP

Just now, andycap said:

So if he's on gardening leave can we still bring in a replacement? 

Yeah, Weir started at Brighton straight away I’m sure (internal appointment but the principal is the same).