Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The fact that they’re prepared to wait seems to suggest they really aren’t that arsed about their new project. If there is one. 

Didn’t we wait a while before relenting ?

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Man U fans saying they should take us to court for restriction of trade

Yeah do that.  I can’t think of anything funnier than Man Utd being the ones who end up wrecking the very things that entrench their own position 

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Odd people.

Why would it be any different if we signed one of their players? Could they just leave for us for nothing, with us citing restrictions of trade? Or would they then think they'd be free to ask for whatever transfer fee they wanted?

This is what this is, effectively, a transfer fee. Pay it or GTF.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

More than happy to release him immediately if they also withdraw any of their votes that restrict our trade through FFP :thup: 

I'm so proud of our club. Played a fucking blinder here. We either make a mint out of the situation or one of our rivals is forced to wait for their man.

Man United can't afford to wait, certainly not past May. They will cough up. We will probably get north of 10m and in the meantime we can restructure our summer plans so Danny Boy can't fuck them up.

Provided we get a good replacement... we've won.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I wouldn’t even put him on gardening leave, make him come to work every day to work on developing the academy and women’s team.

Exactly.  Apparently he isn’t involved in scouting all that much, he only finalises contracts etc.  We’ve got a training ground to build too - and I’m sure that will have soft landscaping if he want to get his gardening gloves on

3 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

We’ve placed him on gardening leave today.

Does this fucker just love gardening ? Twice now he's been on gardening leave for an entire spring which is always the busiest time for gardeners.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Downie on the ball ad always

Needs to be careful with his location settings mind

The mackems hate him

It’ll be the airport surely, no fucker lives in Brunswick 

Wouldn't be surprised if the club knew this was coming months ago, and have been cutting him out (didn't his comments state he thought he'd have more control?) or diminishing his influence at top level. I also think, just like myself, they hold him responsible for the Tonali situation, and they'd be quite happy to see his career paused for 2 years or leave repaying his blunder in a large fee.

He's pretty much told his wife its over and he wants out. Now he waits to see if his new lass will take him in. He best hope that rat really does fancy him or he's sleeping in his car for the next 2 years. Love it when a snake fucks himself over. Like someone said, 3.5/5 years on gardening leave at the height of your career is crippling. I'm sure we'd all love it, but people become irrelevant in football quite quickly, and it also happens to the best. He's not immune.

Edited by Dokko