Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

4 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I very much doubt he asked for £12 mil a year seeing as Ashworth is currently the highest paid DOF on £1.5 mil a year - if he did go back with that figure he clearly didn't want the job.

20 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

Michael Edwards Liverpool‘s old sporting director would be my choice, but it’s probably just a pipe dream as I think he said recently, he doesn’t want to be a sporting Director anymore.

Perhaps he saw the whole FFP bullshit coming down the pipeline and thought get out while the going was good.

Maybe return when things improve but a Klopless Liverpool opens up the door for other clubs

25 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Perhaps he saw the whole FFP bullshit coming down the pipeline and thought get out while the going was good.

Maybe return when things improve but a Klopless Liverpool opens up the door for other clubs

Thought he was more interested in setting up his own analytics business or similar unless I’m mistaking him for someone else.

17 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Are we allowed to appoint a new dof whilst he still on gardening leave? Effectively making him redundant?

Yes but do it quickly before the Premier league rush out a new rule to stop us.

47 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Are we allowed to appoint a new dof whilst he still on gardening leave? Effectively making him redundant?

I can't see why we would ever accept it, but unless the contract we have with Ashworth states we cannot appoint a new dof under this circumstance, we can hire as many as we want.

Even if it did, I'm sure there are workarounds by changing titles and work descriptions.

39 minutes ago, TheKnowledge said:

Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams, Dan. Where we make the impossible come to life.

Where the manager looks like a bald headed alien nonce, where a rat-faced cunt is a star attraction, and where sexual deviants seem to thrive. 

"The Theatre of Dreams" :lol:

Given the absolute muddle the supposed biggest club in the world has been in for over a decade now, I'd suggest The Slaughterhouse of Hope or The Coliseum of Tragedy as better names.

Been doing some digging on whether we can hire a replacement when someone is put on gardening leave. Couldn't find any case law, but I could see that hiring replacement workers due to an industrial dispute (a strike) is perfectly legal as the employer is entitled to keep their business operational.

As gardening leave is a form of industrial dispute, I surmise that we could get a replacement in. I just can't find anything concrete so far without asking someone with legal expertise with direct experience of this happening.

As an aside, I hope we rinse the red mancs for millions for doing this. Wish they'd just piss off and be content being a mid table club for a few years, they've had their glory time.

7 minutes ago, Stal said:

Been doing some digging on whether we can hire a replacement when someone is put on gardening leave. Couldn't find any case law, but I could see that hiring replacement workers due to an industrial dispute (a strike) is perfectly legal as the employer is entitled to keep their business operational.

As gardening leave is a form of industrial dispute, I surmise that we could get a replacement in. I just can't find anything concrete so far without asking someone with legal expertise with direct experience of this happening.

As an aside, I hope we rinse the red mancs for millions for doing this. Wish they'd just piss off and be content being a mid table club for a few years, they've had their glory time.

Faster just googling who Brighton got in while Ashworth was gardening with them

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Faster just googling who Brighton got in while Ashworth was gardening with them

That is a valid point :D

I was looking through case law and statutes without that even occurring to me. Thank you :)

Edited by Stal

Just now, Stal said:

That is a valid point :D

I was looking through case law and statutes without that even occurring to me. Thank you :)

Incidentally just followed my own advice, actually had zero clue it was David Weir. Mad how many average ex pros are getting these gigs ha

Does highlight how desperate they've become since City have cleaned house. Getting this excited about nicking a sporting director off a club they supposedly look down on? 2nd prize to the Qatari money they were desperate for. 

9 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

Does highlight how desperate they've become since City have cleaned house. Getting this excited about nicking a sporting director off a club they supposedly look down on? 2nd prize to the Qatari money they were desperate for. 

It's just entertaining to see how furious your club is because we've come and offered Dan a job. The exact same method when you took him from Brighton. A proper meltdown:Jonny2J:

Edited by TheKnowledge