Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

28 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd guess he's started making certain aspects of the club more professional and someone can come in and keep it going plus we make a nice profit for FFP. Then its been worth it 

Depends if we get the right man, and the right money. The money is down to us, if they want him they will have to pay enough to persuade us to let him go. But the right man might already be somewhere else now, and we might have been more settled and moving on already in a long term direction rather than starting again and maybe continuing Ashworth's work. We don't want to be doing this every two years though.

Think there's probably a fair point in the idea that a director changing teams shouldn't be quite so acrimonious but it's a bit much for one of the teams who have supposedly been active in trying to stunt our growth behind the scenes to play the "lets all try to do business in a cordial manner" card.

Perhaps had they not spent two years being complete cunts towards us we might be willing to do business in a more friendly way?

Ultimately reckon this will all get sorted, we'll get 12-15 million for him and he'll be in Manchester next season. We're not benefitting at all from him sitting at home doing nothing, at some point there'll be an offer worth taking and we'll take it and reinvest the money somewhere it can do some good.

Fully on board with us being dickheads about it though, have to say :lol:

3 minutes ago, cannybagoftudor said:

With news that Brentford are for sale - would it be the time to look at Phil Giles - ask the question as to how much for them to release him and there is the compensation we need to get from the Mancs? :dontknow:

Are they for sale? I thought the owner was just looking for extra funding 

2 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Tweets

below sums of that pervy looking 71 year old…

No...just no.  The man talks utter nonsense - billionaires just have zero grasp of reality.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

No...just no.  The man talks utter nonsense - billionaires just have zero grasp of reality.

He didn't give much thought to the North when he fucked off to Monaco and took his business out of the UK

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Are they for sale? I thought the owner was just looking for extra funding 

From what I read it was a controlling stake with the club valued at £400m - just a thought that it may sow some seeds of uncertainty. 

I know we have no real idea of Ashworth’s contract but could it be there’s say a 6 month notice period and then say a 12 -14 month enforceable restrictive covenant clause in place? That would make 6 month Gardening Leave that is paid then the restrictive covenant kicks in which is unpaid. I don’t think they run concurrent and it takes us to around the 20 month period that’s been touted around.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Was watching Loaded Mag NUFC on youtube yesterday and some guest called Specks from Geordie Dredd TV raised a very good point:

Basically us landing Dan Ashworth as a DoF has been a total waste of time.

A DoF is a long term appointment, like Howe already said in his press conference. In hindsight we would have been better off going for someone who was committed for the long haul and would be building us for the next 5 years. Now we are starting all over again.

I'm sure Dan will have put some good work in place, but you are left with doubts about his intentions, and whether he was a snidey cunt all along.

Eh, I can see the point but not sure I agree with it. We're still benefiting from things he's helped put in place that have helped move us back to being a professional club. And now we get a second chance to make an appointment with the club in a better place and with us knowing what we liked and didn't like about how approach to being a DoF. And we're probably going to profit from the experience. 

In the farcical situation of any club getting tax payer funding its a better investment for all to have City's ground extended as it will be easier and cheaper and call that the Norths Wembley.

Wonder what Ratfink makes of that.

Edited by Jonas

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I know we have no real idea of Ashworth’s contract but could it be there’s say a 6 month notice period and then say a 12 -14 month enforceable restrictive covenant clause in place? That would make 6 month Gardening Leave that is paid then the restrictive covenant kicks in which is unpaid. I don’t think they run concurrent and it takes us to around the 20 month period that’s been touted around.

That is what it will be, it will say he isn’t allowed to work for a direct rival which would rule out any Premier League team.

4 hours ago, andycap said:

So is Paul Mitchell, Michael Edwards, and Giles the ones you think we'll be looking at? Mitchell would be a free as he's not with a club so is Edwards I think. 

My concern with Mitchell is he does seem to not last very long in any job, dating back to Southampton.

I can understand the Spurs mess - has anyone in a Manager or Director role not fallen out with that twat Levy? But he burnt out fairly quickly at both Leipzig and Monaco. 

Edwards would be a dream, but he seems content building his own consultancy without any of the stress of being directly involved with running a club.

Edited by Pandamninator

28 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

My concern with Mitchell is he does seem to not last very long in any job, dating back to Southampton.

I can understand the Spurs mess - has anyone in a Manager or Director role not fallen out with that twat Levy? But he burnt out fairly quickly at both Leipzig and Monaco. 

Edwards would be a dream, but he seems content building his own consultancy without any of the stress of being directly involved with running a club.

Theres really only one candidate

Has Gary Neville said anything about this yet? Being so anti-Glazer, I'd wonder if he would be ok if anyone else was trying to fuck with taxayers to fund a stadium in the North had it not been Man Utd?

A thinly veiled banner about loyalty and commitment to our cause wouldnt go amiss at the next home game...full 20 months in the cabbage patch is a great option for such as these. He needs a clear message in black and white