Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Fuck you, Dan, you flakey cunt. I'd rather rebuild a 19th century castle, than do grout work on a something analogy. We'll be fine without him.

The thing that can be learnt from this, is never trust short people; see that Napoleon cunt and various other little wankers for examples, which of course I haven't got.

1 minute ago, Pablo123 said:

Fuck you, Dan, you flakey cunt. I'd rather rebuild a 19th century castle, than do grout work on a something analogy. We'll be fine without him.

The thing that can be learnt from this, is never trust short people; see that Napoleon cunt and various other little wankers for examples, which of course I haven't got.

Dennis wise? 

Edited by BoSelecta

5 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Dennis wise? 

Yes! Exactly. Eyes too close together. Gotta watch them snidey fuckers extremely closely. 

1 hour ago, Pablo123 said:

😂

4 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

TeamTalk on Twitter……..as reliable as a broken watch.

No they’re fairly spot on with this one. I was told this last week, but that compensation doesn’t release him to work for them straight away.

The club do not want him working for them until after the summer window is closed, so I’m assuming there’s some deals that are fairly advanced in negotiations that he would have been privy to.

I know FFP should have no bearings on the clubs DOF situation, but since it's clear he doesn't wsnt to be here, anyone else taking some joy that this is a significant FFP boost? 

If we got £20M or another good figure before we even touched on player sales, this would do us wonders for getting players in this summer 

40 minutes ago, janpawel said:

I know FFP should have no bearings on the clubs DOF situation, but since it's clear he doesn't wsnt to be here, anyone else taking some joy that this is a significant FFP boost? 

If we got £20M or another good figure before we even touched on player sales, this would do us wonders for getting players in this summer 

I think the reality is that only a small portion of that would go back into a transfer pot.. they still have to pay him up until end of gardening leave and then the next person that comes in might be expensive as well in terms of us having to pay out compo.

The main take away from this is that the club have set their stall out that we’re not to be fucked with.

36 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think the reality is that only a small portion of that would go back into a transfer pot.. they still have to pay him up until end of gardening leave and then the next person that comes in might be expensive as well in terms of us having to pay out compo.

The main take away from this is that the club have set their stall out that we’re not to be fucked with.

Why would we have to pay Ashworth up? It’s him asking to leave his contract so surely once he leaves his weekly salary (£28kpw) stops. The rumoured £21m is compensation for the disruption and access to our plans from immediate effect. Ashworth in this instance surely then doesn’t get paid twice both off ourselves and MUFC?

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Why would we have to pay Ashworth up? It’s him asking to leave his contract so surely once he leaves his weekly salary (£28kpw) stops. The rumoured £21m is compensation for the disruption and access to our plans from immediate effect. Ashworth in this instance surely then doesn’t get paid twice both off ourselves and MUFC?

We are paying him during gardening leave but it will be less than £2m in entirety you would assume. 

It's the cost of his replacement which might be high but again... I doubt it will be over £5m. We'll definitely make a b. healthy profit.

18 hours ago, LFEE said:

Getting our £21m?… 🤞🏻 

Well that's a plus. Nothing to celebrate though, I'm sure he's good at his job so probably worth it from Man U's POV, he should be able to make them that money back over a period of time.

For us it's a welcome cash injection for getting shot of a snake who never belonged here.

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

His wage is thought to be £1.5M a year, so hardly a big chunk of £20M to keep paying him til September

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Our owners are very unlikely to do that, very unlikely.

Promote from within and/or leave it as is!

Has there been any indication we're the slightest bit closer to an agreement?

All I'm finding is a 'verbal agreement' has been reached with Ashworth but separately they still need to cough up the £21m we demand, not that they've agreed.

Pulled the plug on Paquetta and Diaby. Chased the useless striker who eventually proved a terrible buy that PSG ended up with ...Karang Guol was another Ashworth pursuit....neck end of a useless recruitment officer imo

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

How many times, he was not in charge of recruitment :lol:

Not correct, what your thinking of is that he’s not a scout.. he doesn’t do what Steve Nickson does in writing reports on players.

What he does do is collect that data and keep a database of players to fit a system as agreed by a committee.

He would certainly have had the power to veto signing certain targets, or in the case of Alfie Harrison, arrange for a signing that Eddie Howe knew little about.

34 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not correct, what your thinking of is that he’s not a scout.. he doesn’t do what Steve Nickson does in writing reports on players.

What he does do is collect that data and keep a database of players to fit a system as agreed by a committee.

He would certainly have had the power to veto signing certain targets, or in the case of Alfie Harrison, arrange for a signing that Eddie Howe knew little about.

That was something reported? Eddie knew little about the fact they were signing Alfie Harrison?

As I understand it he wouldn't have been personally picking players, but he would've had authority to set the parameters Steve Nickson and his team would work to re: age, price, profile etc. as their boss. So it would shape the kind of choices that were eventually set before Eddie and co.

Can't say for sure ultimately, time will have to tell.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It looks like Edwards is in talks with Liverpool about a return.

Aye looks like he will be given full control of the footballing side of things, he’s going to appoint someone as sporting director, possibly Richard Hughes (who a lot of our fans didn’t want because he works for Bournemouth).

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aye looks like he will be given full control of the footballing side of things, he’s going to appoint someone as sporting director, possibly Richard Hughes (who a lot of our fans didn’t want because he works for Bournemouth).

Richard Hughes was also attracting strong interest from Roma apparently. Seems to be highly rated.

But you know ... Bournemouth, and Howe bringing in his mates!