Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t even want us to get a penny for him. Want the skinny little rat on gardening leave as long as contractually possible 

I've come to the same conclusion, paying his wages for him to sit on his arse has got to be more valuable to us in stifiling Man Utds progress while we gain momentum than a token gesture payment from Man Utd.

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Honestly, it's really shown INEOS to be a joke. What's the point of best-in-class hires if your project can't really get started until 2026. Arguably Ashworth as the guy to tie everything together would have been the first in the door, to lay the foundations and strategy. 

If the amount we want is 20m and they offered 10m as a starting point, negotiating can commence. If you're starting at 2m - you'd think the other party aren't serious and you'd walk away for such an insulting offer. 20m or no deal. 

Absolutely, all of that in addition with begging the government to chip in for a new stadium.

Ladgeful as fuck. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Another 20 months of gardening leave. At best that's 10-20% of the time Ratface has left on this planet. 

Can't afford to be fucking about at his age like, fucking Happy Shopper auld cunt :lol:

5 minutes ago, Elric said:

Can't afford to be fucking about at his age like, fucking Happy Shopper auld cunt :lol:

Old people. You'd think they'd be in a bit more of a rush to get shit done. 😂

As one of the leading business advocates of brexit, the rat clearly still believes the referendum propaganda he espoused - exceptionalism, cutting red tape, no longer needing to pay the going rate, winning and getting things done. Rsole 

Absolutely hilarious how the Man Utd media cabal are desperately trying to make it appear as if they’ve got the upper hand in this situation. Still going with the thought process that they determine the fee and not us. Phrases like “they won’t be strong armed”. Sorry, but you’re not in the driving seat here. 

The fact that Ratface has been playing this out in public since minute one shows he knows how powerless they are in this situation. We’re not breaking any rules or laws. I say hold out for the next 18 months and watch them squirm. I do wonder how far back Ashworth knew of Rat wanting him at Man U. Perhaps even before he took the job here. He’s a snake of slippiest order. 

Ashworth had barely got his feet under the table here and was supposed to be a big part of things, and Ratcliffe thinks they should be paying similar to what we paid Brighton?!

The high compensation serves two purposes. To penalize Man Utd for disrupting things for us, and to make things difficult for Ashworth so he can't just go swanning off to Man Utd so easily, the cheeky git.

I actually thought Man Utd might be on their way to getting their house in order with this Ratcliffe coming in initially, but this guy isn't a sharp guy. I think he's going to be a dunce and they'll soon turn on him.

The thinking that we should just accept what we paid Brighton is absurd

Would be like us trying to tell West Ham they should sell Bowen to us for £22m cos that's what they paid Hull 

The more quotes I see from Ratcliffe, the more I think he's the perfect guy for Man Utd. The more he talks the more stupid he makes himself and his club look.

So the daft old cunt wants to pay less than we did to Brighton. Let the fucker rot in his shed and hopefully there will be a leak with any correspondence there is from his burner phone. As for the Man Utd fans, fuck you, you arrogant bunch of cunts. 

If we are prepared for Ashworth to rot, then the approach we take should be as mentioned before, every time Sir Jim opens his mouth the price goes up by another million. Let’s run it up. 

It seems straightforward. 20M, and if they come back with a counteroffer it's 20M and it doesn't go down over time would be the reply. He can be on a train to Manchester tomorrow but that is what is required. Period. 

We should take legal action against them for the cost of his wages (and fee we paid Brighton, plus replacement costs) over the gardening period. They clearly unsettled him behind the scenes, tapped him up and publicly courted him without any intention to pay a reasonable rate.

Reckon we'd win that hands down. 

Edited by Dokko

Who knew that a sporting director could cause so much fume. :lol:

Offering £2m is as hilarious as asking for £20m. It'll get done somewhere in the middle.

I don’t think we’ll budge. The money is kind of irrelevant really. It’s just as much about setting a precedent as it is coining it in.