Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Easy come, easy go.

If he has links with Ineos/Sky, Brailsford etc., then it can't be helped. He was appointed at NUFC by non-clowns, who are likely to employ another competent person.

Just be happy we got Gordon and Livramento during his tenure.

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he leaves I hope we target the best in class, no idea who that is mind.

Leverkusen and Leipzig, those sides background and recruitment have been seriously good.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/how-bayer-leverkusen-simon-rolfes-use-aws-transfers-player-development-right-18815

Edited by mighty__mag

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Leverkusen and Leipzig, those sides background and recruitment have been seriously good.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/how-bayer-leverkusen-simon-rolfes-use-aws-transfers-player-development-right-18815

Aye, get this bloke in. Doubt even Ashworth uses AWS. 

Also, do we even have a player care department? Is that what Shola does?

Would be disappointed if he left because it was a bit of a coup to get him however he isn't the only guy in the world capable of doing that role so I'd be confident we would replace him adequately

It seems like the foundation is laid out at the club already so anyone else coming in won't have to do a lot of the groundwork anyway

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

The problem is if he leaves he'll have a dossier of our targets and hidden gems that will benefit the mancs. 

Not worried about that personally. Pizza Rob gives away all our targets anyway.

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Aye, get this bloke in. Doubt even Ashworth uses AWS. 

Also, do we even have a player care department? Is that what Shola does?

Shola [emoji38] no idea what the hell he does.

Hopefully we study what the other leagues do, Bundesliga is arguably the best in Europe right now at development, scouting etc.

54 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m not overly concerned if he leaves. 

He’s technical director not head of recruitment or even the head scout.  He’s one of 3-5 voices and has likely setup or laid out the infrastructure/strategy to find targets. 

We signed Isak, Botman and Bruno G without him. We’ll be fine from a transfer perspective imo. 

Tony Bloom is the architect of Brighton’s success. And Staveley and co. will be the architects of our success. 

Were the likes of Botman, Bruno and Isak signed when he was in his gardening leave from Brighton (if so then he may have still recommended those players).

I cannot remember the timescales.

Edited by Bally21

1 minute ago, Bally21 said:

If he goes then a) fuck him, b) lets get loads of compo off Manure for him, c) lets get somebody better to replace him.

Isn't all of this just based on rumour?

What has Amanda said about it?

What have PIF said about it?

What has Ashworth said about it?

Just now, Bally21 said:

Were the likes of Botman, Bruno and Isak signed when he was in his gardening leave from Brighton (if so then he may have still recommended those players).

I cannot remember the timescales.

Bruno was signed in the first window under the new owners, we also went all out for Botman in that window only to get him the following summer.