Dan Ashworth: released from contractual obligations after agreement reached between Newcastle and Man Utd (Official)

Rich

So it was very clear this was a PSR issue. As soon as the new financial year came into play we wrapped this up immediately. 

So Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox are all in place for the summer window. Unexpected, good news.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

So it was very clear this was a PSR issue. As soon as the new financial year came into play we wrapped this up immediately. 

So Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox are all in place for the summer window. Unexpected, good news.

Just wait till Ashworth gets a better offer from Home Bargains, he'll be off in a shot

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not sure it’s Man Utd who cannot pay the compensation before the deadline, or Man Utd trying to exploit Newcastles PSR issues.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Delighted for you, mate.

Glad it's finally over. The Minteh thing demonstrates his value to an operation but he's clearly got zero loyalty, so have no sadness about it. I don't fear Man Utd; they're a long, long way off being a slick outfit off the pitch and with characters like Ratcliffe front and centre (which he always will be, regardless of who they employ in key positions), I'm doubtful they'll ever be.

We have been digging our heels in for months now despite being under pressure to get some money in so I see no reason why we would have caved in the day after we raised more than needed. That supposed 20m was always just a starting point in the negotiations and I think we'll find out that the actual figure is roughly in the middle at about 12ish or whatever. Just glad the sly fucker has gone, we now need to get our own shit in a pile

It depends what has sped up the negotiations.

If Man Utd were just trying to low-ball us pre-deadline, or knew the arbitration was going to bomb, we'll have got a decent wedge. Likewise if they had their own concerns and couldn't afford to pay up pre-30th June.

If it was agreed late last night and we just needed an extra few million to keep us the right side of PSR then it'll probably be a lot less than we were asking for.

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It does make the public moaning even more irritating though. Paying more now (assuming you have) is basically an acknowledgement that you were lowballing before. And lowballing is fine, but if you're gonna lowball, don't publicly moan when the other party doesn't accept it. That's the part of this whole saga that's a bit annoying really. It's not very respectful of the other club.

Edited by Checko

5 minutes ago, Checko said:

It does make the public moaning even more irritating though. Paying more now (assuming you have) is basically an acknowledgement that you were lowballing before. And lowballing is fine, but if you're gonna lowball, don't publicly moan when the other party doesn't accept it. That's the part of this whole saga that's a bit annoying really. It's not very respectful of the other club.

He’s seriously damaging relationships all over the shop. Terrible way of doing business 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

In the end, if Newcastle have indeed pacified PSR through two sales worth more than £60m collectively and an agreement to allow sporting director Dan Ashworth to join Manchester United, 

These two quotes suggest that we may have buckled to Man Utd at the last minute to satisfy our own PSR concerns, rather than the other way round.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

These two quotes suggest that we may have buckled to Man Utd at the last minute to satisfy our own PSR concerns, rather than the other way round.

That would be remarkably stupid if so. If we are 2m short our deduction would have been minimal. 

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I doubt it's anywhere near £20m, but can't see it being less than £10m either. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

That would be remarkably stupid if so. If we are 2m short our deduction would have been minimal. 

3 points was the difference in European football this season and a lot more money. I doubt they'd even want to lose a point.

So it sounds like the whole of the PL was aware of our financial predicament and Man Utd tried to use it to their advantage in low-balling us. Since we raised the money needed they coughed up a reasonable sum?

I mean I know it's business and all that, but that's a shady-as-fuck way of operating. No surprise at all but well done the board for not backing down. Plastic manc cunts!