Nick Pope: "on track" for return before end of season (Hope)

Rich

Just now, JP said:

Nice to get the 2nd smart signing over the line ready for pre season starting next Friday.

Christ 'over the line'

30 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I reckon no more than £2m for Woodman, probably a lot of it clauses based around appearances or Preston getting promoted.

Probably a sell on % built in also or first nabs at buying him bsck if he suddenly improves (I don't think he will mind).

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can’t see Preston being able to pay that? Probably a nominal fee with a decent sell-on clause if he does fulfil his early potential.

Aye, not a chance Preston could afford that for a keeper.

I'm really pleased with this, assuming it comes off.

It also means I can also be even more biased and jeer that menace Pickford even more, wanting Pope to become England's No1.

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just saw on the chronicle that Since the 2019/20 season, no goalkeeper besides Ederson and Alisson has kept more cleansheets than Nick Pope

9th best goal against last season.

I'm firmly in the 'we must significantly reduce the age of the squad' camp but keepers are a bit different. I think this should be a really decent signing for the price. He's a great shot stopper, huge presence in the goal, and a good sweeper keeper.

A reasonable upgrade on Dubravka, but more importantly a huge upgrade on our backups. It creates genuine competition in that position and should mean we never end up in the same situation as last year of having Championship keepers in goal.

Biggest question mark is his ball playing ability and distribution - which I'm not sure there is evidence of him being better than Dubravka on that front. However there is a chance he's better than he looks due to the way Burnley played.

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just saw on the chronicle that Since the 2019/20 season, no goalkeeper besides Ederson and Alisson has kept more cleansheets than Nick Pope

5 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

9th best goal against last season.

Shots faced is a very important factor to look at when you compare GK's. Pretty sure Pope has a higher save percentage than Ederson and Alisson.