Nick Pope

Rich

24 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Well he cant be injured sitting on the bench so all in all a great result tonight IMO

Hopefully hes done enough to get out the squad altogether

Trippier can hoy his retirement in as well

Fuck ing er land

3 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Poor game for Pope tonight, his distribution was suspect and was nearly at fault with a heavy touch early on. Hopefully he has that out his system now and back to being his glorious best for us at the weekend.

He played poorly but was subjected to some bad back passes. Not his best game.

6 hours ago, tgarve said:

I can’t remember many errors for Everton lately like 

Not lately but did go through a really bad spell (including a game against us) but in that spell were England games where he was really good.

Honestly, at the level they play at you can hardly become a "technical" player overnight through training. You either have the skillset or you don´t. Pope is OK with his feet but he is not a ball player, would say he is better than average...

You can certainly get better but let´s not start hoping for beckenbauer between the posts any time soon.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Honestly, at the level they play at you can hardly become a "technical" player overnight through training. You either have the skillset or you don´t. Pope is OK with his feet but he is not a ball player, would say he is better than average...

You can certainly get better but let´s not start hoping for beckenbauer between the posts any time soon.

Without trying to be too technical,Pope never seems to be,let’s say elegant,when kicking.His left foot seems to be a tad short of where it should be when connecting with the ball.I wouldn’t say he’s poor when kicking,just not top notch.As for Prickford’s kicking,more often than not his long kicks end up as punts up to the centre forward or Everton’s wide left attacker.BDB would relish such balls coming in his direction.Very few goals are classed as goalkeeper assists.Too much nonsense is spoken  about keepers and their ball skills being an integral part of football today.

57 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Errors that lead to goals no.Errors such as not commanding his box or pushing shots back into dangerous areas then yes.These weaknesses in Prickford’s game are only mentioned when they lead to a goal being conceded.

They’ve conceded the second least in the league this season 

Just now, prefabtoon said:

I think it was a big mistake by Howe, Dubs should have been no 1 with pope as understudy.

We are now left with no back up off any quality. Karius is going to be just a body between the sticks.

with very little confidence.

Based on what you have seen of Pope for us. You think he should be on the bench and Dubravka playing ahead of him? 

Game of opinions and all that. But I find that astonishing. Pope has been our best player this season, IMO. Not really put a foot wrong. Just had one ropey performance for England. 

13 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

I think it was a big mistake by Howe, Dubs should have been no 1 with pope as understudy.

We are now left with no back up off any quality. Karius is going to be just a body between the sticks.

with very little confidence.

Absolute rubbish, pope is miles better than dubs 

Pope has been excellent this season. Kicking aside, I've been shocked by just how good he is comparatively to Dubravka.

He had a stinker last night, nothing more than that. Hopefully it doesn't knock his confidence too much.

Edited by The Prophet