Nick Pope

Rich

4 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Anybody who didn't realize what an upgrade Pope is on Dubravka either had never watched them play or doesn't understand anything about football. 

Some canny posts on pages one to three, like.

18 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Anybody who didn't realize what an upgrade Pope is on Dubravka either had never watched them play or doesn't understand anything about football. 

Bit hostile, but I agree. The disparity is pretty obvious. Sels aside (who was shit) I think we’ve given keepers an easy ride over the past decade, and understandably so under the circumstances. Dubravka is a decent keeper who was never going to be good enough to see us to the next level. 

Edited by Ronaldo

On 21/06/2022 at 15:30, STM said:

There are so many reasons why this is  good deal for where we are at. Again we have gone for a proven international with plenty of experience.

Pretty pleased with my take from page 3. 

2 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Ok ok, I’ll admit I barely watched any of Burnley’s relegation season matches aside from the ones where we played them.

But I’m sure you were glued to the screen every time they played. :lol:

I def got this wrong though. I didn’t think Pope was quite the massive upgrade he has turned out to be. 

Edited by LV

2 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Damn uce you didn't have to annihilate me like that 

On 04/09/2022 at 10:06, STM said:

How's this guy behind Pickford BTW?

Pickford had a great game yesterday, made loads of saves but he's equally as likely just to throw the ball in the back of his own net.

Better in possession with his range of passing.

Genuinely think Pope is better at everything else. Even other strengths of Pickford like coming off his line to sweep up.

The Dubs thing was funny. He was a good shot stopper. But he was glued to his line and never sweeped up. And became weak at coming for crosses over time. The room for improvement was massive and Pope is that difference.

Also in Pickford's (and to a lesser degree Ramsdale) defence - GK's that are actually good at kicking or on the ball in general is a rarity.

All things considered - Pope should be second choice for England at worst. I think his calm temperant and style of play is better for England in a tournament than Pickford who comes across v. emotional.

Edited by The College Dropout

18 hours ago, gbandit said:

Made an effort to avoid all Burnley games for years, absolutely delighted with Nick Pope, had no idea he was this good 

I don’t think many people realised.

I listen to Callum’s podcast with Michail Antonio and they did a combined 5 between the two teams and Michail refused to believe Pope is better than Fabianski.

18 hours ago, gbandit said:

Made an effort to avoid all Burnley games for years, absolutely delighted with Nick Pope, had no idea he was this good 

Same here. I would have been delighted with three top class signings this summer before the window, and if you include him with Botman and Isak, then that's what we got. Fabulous signing, I bet Man U and a few other clubs will be asking questions why this one slipped under their radar.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Same here. I would have been delighted with three top class signings this summer before the window, and if you include him with Botman and Isak, then that's what we got. Fabulous signing, I bet Man U and a few other clubs will be asking questions why this one slipped under their radar.

Playing for Burnley is like a cloak of invisibility for the Rich 6.