Nick Pope

Rich

5 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

I don’t think many people realised.

I listen to Callum’s podcast with Michail Antonio and they did a combined 5 between the two teams and Michail refused to believe Pope is better than Fabianski.

Had him a couple of times as my keeper on FFL, and he's always a consideration, so I knew he was effective for Burnley. But never really seen him in action. Targett is another that I knew was impressive from FF, but hadn't seen him play.

25 minutes ago, jack j said:

Ramsdale will probably start

Mentality wise he's another pickford. Another one who goes on like he's got a mental illness

No need for that like…

5 hours ago, Zero said:

Dean Henderson in exceptional form as well. Both deserve to start over Pickford anyway

Henderson has conceded 14 goals already this season, Pope only 6.

No brainer who should be starting.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Pope is the best all around English keeper imo 

We'd stay that. Ramsdale has been getting very good reports and Henderson hasn't been bad. All close and each has different things they are slightly better than the others at.

13 minutes ago, Lenny said:

But for his insta-punt kicking he's been pretty perfect for us so far. 

I've got nowt against his punts. It's difficult to pinpoint what it is, speed of mind or feet, but I've come to trust his decision making. 

From what I've seen he appears to leave it to the last moment and I can't tell if he's already made the decision and is just cool as ice, or he's looking for better until the last moment, confident in his ability to kick when needed. 

Either way it's an added excitement to watching.

54 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I've got nowt against his punts. It's difficult to pinpoint what it is, speed of mind or feet, but I've come to trust his decision making. 

From what I've seen he appears to leave it to the last moment and I can't tell if he's already made the decision and is just cool as ice, or he's looking for better until the last moment, confident in his ability to kick when needed. 

Either way it's an added excitement to watching.

I just feel like he tends to favour putting his laces through the ball instantly and on almost every occasion. I think as our standards and expectations increase and we're able to get picky about criticising the minor things, it might become a minor annoyance when our desire is to control more of the ball but for now it's nowt.