Nick Pope

Rich

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Howay man, every PL keeper is significantly better with their feet than Pope.

He plenty makes up for it in other areas, but he is, and always will be, incredibly limited with his passing.

In his defence (sorta), I will say he rarely complicates anything when passing out, and therefore isn’t particularly prone to catastrophic errors, but he’s incredibly limited in what he can do.

Ramsdale has had a couple of howlers this season fucking up with his feet leading to goals, I can't recall Pope doing that.

Here I was hoping for a thread bump because he might start tomorrow.

I just want one player thread that isn't talking about them leaving. :lol:

Just now, wormy said:

Go to the Miggy thread.

Just now, wormy said:

Best go find the longstaff one ?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Go to the Miggy thread.

That's one of the worst because the talk is still about him leaving but that he's clinging to the frame of the door with all his being while we try to shove him through it. :lol: Still feels like we're just kicking a really smiley puppy. 

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

Ramsdale has had a couple of howlers this season fucking up with his feet leading to goals, I can't recall Pope doing that.

Brighton away is the obvious one.

But like I say, to his credit, Pope doesn’t try to do anything other than the absolute basics. Perhaps Eddie now wants out keeper to provide more than that in terms of passing out.

Posted (edited)

Will be very sorry to see him leave, I'm very fond of him. 

Unless we're much more worried about his physical condition than we can reasonably accept, I'd hope he's moving on because we have a bigger upgrade than Ramsdale in mind. If it does happen, that is.

Certainly indicates we're having a proper reformation of our setup this summer.

Edited by 80

I would hate to see him leave. When he arrived I didn't know too much about him but he's a good lad and did a real job setting us up for the UCL.

Popey gone? I hope not.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Unless we win and get Europe ?

That depends on how you feel about missing out on Europa and getting Conference instead. 

Pope starts that Man Utd game and we win it and go into Brentford with far more confidence.

If you're happy with Conference League then yes just beat Brentford and we've (maybe) got that. 

20 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Losing Pope for Ramsdale, no thanks

Losing Pope for Mamardashvili, yes please.

What makes Mamardashvilli an improvement? I've watched Valencia twice this season but it was a tough watch and I tuned out.

Again, giving a team £30+m when they want to buy Bruno but are short of the cash to trigger his release clause seems suicidal.

Just no, for me.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

What makes Mamardashvilli an improvement? I've watched Valencia twice this season but it was a tough watch and I tuned out.

I don't know all that much about the Georgian tbh, but the hype around him, his age, his height, his potential, are probably why I'd prefer him.

Plus Ramsdale comes across as a bit of a pillock, along with the whole dad thing.

If Pope can stay injury free then we're not in a rush to get a new GK, big risk though as if not we have to rely on Dubravka, say until the January window, it's going to hurt us badly.

I just feel that if we're going to invest in a GK make it a young one with world class potential and not a guy that people have been taking the piss out of in our own league, providing a financial boost to a team were hunting down. Fuck em.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Why does he want or do we want him to go? he's been superb for us and we are probably the best club he can play for.

Probably the shoulder not being in the best shape. He’s gonna take a lot of force to it throughout the season, if it goes again we’re stuck with Dubs/Karius again.