Nick Pope

Rich

52 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Strong possibility this guy leaves this summer, I’ve been told ?‍♂️

You have been told by who?  Because actually you are full of shit!  So annoying.

21 minutes ago, Rod said:

You have been told by who?  Because actually you are full of shit!  So annoying.

? Ok mate.

Been told by the same people I am usually told stuff by (I won't specify in this thread but happy to over PM... those who know me already know my sources).

If we are after a new number 1 (personally I don't think we do, and would be more then happy for Pope to stay as such next season), but it makes sense for Pope to move on as he'd be way to good to be a number 2.

I know people joke about Eddies ruthlessness, but it seems unlikely he'd boot out Pope when he's one of our most important players, as proven through his absence. 

I'd go as far as saying he is a player Eddie would be desperate to keep. 

Posted (edited)

I think I’d lose all my faith in the current setup if Pope departed before Dubravka mind. Would be utterly mental.

Edited by Ronaldo

Yeah if he's going it'll be because he wants to start somewhere and knows we're looking to upgrade.

Only been here a couple of years but he's been class, one of my favourite keepers I've seen for us. Be one of those that we remember in years to come as a big part of the transition period into a team that's regularly competing for trophies imo

19 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

? Ok mate.

Been told by the same people I am usually told stuff by (I won't specify in this thread but happy to over PM... those who know me already know my sources).

Well I'm also in the know ish.  But I'm not afraid to tell you who my sources are.  His first name rhymes with eve and his surname sounds a bit like Towie.  Now you decide who the real bull shitter is!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Rod said:

Well I'm also in the know ish.  But I'm not afraid to tell you who my sources are.  His first name rhymes with eve and his surname sounds a bit like Towie.  Now you decide who the real bull shitter is!

You on the drink early tonight Rod? ?

Edited by Shadow Puppets

44 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think I’d lose all my faith in the current setup if Pope departed before Dubravka mind. Would be utterly mental.

If both go in the summer would it matter who went first ?

Be a bit gutted if this happened, especially if it's to get in Ramsdale. He's been excellent for the most part, and a snip for his price.

59 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

? Ok mate.

I would like a PM if you’re offering them out

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Strange one, unless they're worried about his shoulder.

That’s what I thought. Once you can call a one off, twice that’s got to play on his mind and effect his confidence on that side. 

And he is pretty bad with the feet. I think it makes sense if we can get a really good and modern keeper.

1 minute ago, ATB said:

And he is pretty bad with the feet. I think it makes sense if we can get a really good and modern keeper.

Is Ramsdale any better in that regard? The only advantage to him over Pope for me is that he is younger and less injury prone.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Is Ramsdale any better in that regard? The only advantage to him over Pope for me is that he is younger and less injury prone.

Not really sold on Ramsdale, but yeah, I think overall he is slightly better. Close, but the fact that he is younger and not back after another bad injury is of course an advantage.

12 minutes ago, Beth said:

Howay man, every PL keeper is significantly better with their feet than Pope.

He plenty makes up for it in other areas, but he is, and always will be, incredibly limited with his passing.

In his defence (sorta), I will say he rarely complicates anything when passing out, and therefore isn’t particularly prone to catastrophic errors, but he’s incredibly limited in what he can do.

Ramsdale is not the answer but we would be maybe 10 points better off with Pope in goal all season. We've conceded so many that make our backline look shit when Dubs hasn't come out fast and made himself big. Half of those type of goals pope saves.

It’s not just the passing, his ability to control a ball under pressure is worse than any goalie in the league. I love him and think he’s been amazing for us, our best keeper since Given in my opinion but there’s no sugarcoating his footballing ability