Nick Pope

Rich

39 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Probably the shoulder not being in the best shape. He’s gonna take a lot of force to it throughout the season, if it goes again we’re stuck with Dubs/Karius again.

Karius is leaving, so i find this rumour odd losing 3 keepers in one window 

If the club and Eddie think they can sell and bring in an improvment that im all for it.

He's been class  for us, but the way we play to have a keeper that can pass a bit would be pretty transformative and help us be so much harder to press. If we can sort that out and then have a back 4 that can all play a decent pass (would mean upgrading on burn), teams would then struggle to decide when to trigger the press against us.

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

If the club and Eddie think they can sell and bring in an improvment that im all for it.

He's been class  for us, but the way we play to have a keeper that can pass a bit would be pretty transformative and help us be so much harder to press. If we can sort that out and then have a back 4 that can all play a decent pass (would mean upgrading on burn), teams would then struggle to decide when to trigger the press against us.

Tosin, Botman and Schär can all pass out from the back pretty well. 

2 minutes ago, M1tche said:

The only two players I worry about with the ball at their feet are Pope and Burn. Even Lascelles has improved a lot on the ball. Probably a bit unfair on Burn but when he’s at LB he’s more exposed and we’ve seen how much better Hall is at taking the ball and picking a pass.

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Karius is leaving, so i find this rumour odd losing 3 keepers in one window 

Yeah it seems odd. That being said they’re probably going to start getting quite ruthless so there could be some surprise developments. 

Not really sure about Ramsdale,

I always thought he was pretty good, better than Pope with his feet and still a great shot stopper. Can’t see it happening though.

If you put your ruthless hat on for a second it does make sense, Eddie won’t want to risk our entire season on Pope’s shoulder - not after it cost us so much this time. 

11 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

If you put your ruthless hat on for a second it does make sense, Eddie won’t want to risk our entire season on Pope’s shoulder - not after it cost us so much this time. 

Yeah. Must be some concern around that. As I know he had a couple of setbacks during rehab. 

Not heard anything from my Pope ITK and hoping I don’t. As I really rate Pope and make no secret of loving him playing for us. Seeing as he is from just down the road. But it would make sense if the shoulder is still an issue. 

If we replace him with Ramsdale, however…….

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. Must be some concern around that. As I know he had a couple of setbacks during rehab. 

Not heard anything from my Pope ITK and hoping I don’t. As I really rate Pope and make no secret of loving him playing for us. Seeing as he is from just down the road. But it would make sense if the shoulder is still an issue. 

If we replace him with Ramsdale, however…….

Think that’s why we haven’t seen him play yet even though he’s been on the bench. Emergency cover only! 

8 hours ago, BonesJones said:

I don't know all that much about the Georgian tbh, but the hype around him, his age, his height, his potential, are probably why I'd prefer him.

Plus Ramsdale comes across as a bit of a pillock, along with the whole dad thing.

If Pope can stay injury free then we're not in a rush to get a new GK, big risk though as if not we have to rely on Dubravka, say until the January window, it's going to hurt us badly.

I just feel that if we're going to invest in a GK make it a young one with world class potential and not a guy that people have been taking the piss out of in our own league, providing a financial boost to a team were hunting down. Fuck em.

Fair.

I've heard a lot of good things, but having not watched much of him I don't really know what he brings to the table.

Odd that he's allegedly not too good with the ball at his feet.

18 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think that’s why we haven’t seen him play yet even though he’s been on the bench. Emergency cover only! 

Supposedly starting today. Hopefully not his farewell game. 

:'(

47 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Tosin, Botman and Schär can all pass out from the back pretty well. 

That's watt i was gettiing at, if we can line up with 2 of those, Tino (drives through the line rather than passes), Hall, and then a Gk that is capable of clipping a 30/40 yard pass into a full/CM. It would leave teams wondering when and how to press. Even better if it's Tonali in for Longstaff as well, so they cn't try to force the pass towards him.

50 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

The only two players I worry about with the ball at their feet are Pope and Burn. Even Lascelles has improved a lot on the ball. Probably a bit unfair on Burn but when he’s at LB he’s more exposed and we’ve seen how much better Hall is at taking the ball and picking a pass.

Burn is solid cover at CB and LB, but will also be a trigger for the press when playing. Teams will always try to force the play to go through him, like they'll try and make us play into Longstaff in midfield. These smallish upgrades would make us so much harder to play against

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Lordshola said:

I think Ramsdale would be a slight upgrade on Pope tbh.

Is he though? :howe: I can only see us selling Pope if there is a concern over his injury. I am not convinced by Ramsdale - lacks consistency which isn't surprising given his comments

Edited by duo

The optics of replacing Pope with Ramsdale are garbage, giving a Sky six team any transfer fee is bad enough but doing it for their backup keeper with consistency and flappy hand issues, most likely at an English premium, as well as helping them to potentially trigger a Bruno release clause is pretty irresponsible. Hope we're nowhere near doing that.

Posted (edited)

Feeling is similar to McTom = Tonali

Ramsdale = Giorgi Merrychristmasvillage

(Or I very much hope so)

Edited by Ikon

Could only listen to the second half on the radio driving home from work, but it was a strange feeling hearing that our goalkeeper had made a save. 

The save from Toney was pivotal, without that we go to 3-3 and I'm not convinced we win the game from that point. Hope he can get himself right over the summer and he comes back fit and raring to go.

Begs the question why he wasn't playing at Old Trafford.