Nick Pope

Rich

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

To be fair to Pope, if Burn doesn't touch the ball it goes wide. Pope made the save.

Wouldn't have needed to be done if Pope didn't just pass the ball to the Spurs player though.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t blame him for the goal. Not a great save in the lead up. Blocked the shot that was going wide or out and Burn blasted it into the net. 

Poor on the ball as usual. That’s a given. 

I’m Pope’s biggest cheerleader on here. But it was a terrible mistake IMO. 

Does well to get a hand to Son’s shot and Burn should do better, as well. But that’s all come about from his clanger in the first place.  

So many of our players look a bit rusty and starting slow is nothing new. Fingers crossed he sorts his head out in relation to that shoulder or that it’s just me imagining it. As I still think he is the best keeper I’ve seen play for us. 

16 minutes ago, Heron said:

Was awful today.

Two good saves around the 75min mark otherwise our worst player.

You're kidding? :lol: Pope was comfortably our MOTM for me, he faced a ton of shots on a slippery surface with a crowd permanently in front of him. I thought he was class, even his kicking wasn't terrible. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're kidding? :lol: Pope was comfortably our MOTM for me, he faced a ton of shots on a slippery surface with a crowd permanently in front of him. I thought he was class, even his kicking wasn't terrible. 

Nar na.

His kicking was shite. He didn't command his area once despite us sitting deep. He parried two or three shots he should have comfortably held and cost us our conceded goal.

Just now, Heron said:

Nar na.

His kicking was shite. He didn't command his area once despite us sitting deep. He parried two or three shots he should have comfortably held and cost us our conceded goal.

You're out of your miiiiind 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're out of your miiiiind 

I actually don't know which game you were watching tbh. :lol:

You must have watched it from like 70 to 80mins only.

Just now, Heron said:

I actually don't know which game you were watching tbh. :lol:

You must have watched it from like 70 to 80mins only.

Okay I'll give you this, his kicking wasn't as terrible as usual. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Going to regret missing out on Mamardashvilli in 2-3 years.  This bloke can’t kick for shit.

Isn’t his distribution also bad? Not Pope bad, but still not good. Guessing we want to get a young keeper like Trafford to replace Pope in time. 

Been said numerous times. Replacing what Pope gives us as a keeper, with someone equally as good or better. Who is also decent on the deck. Will cost a lot of money. 

If Pope’s shoulder really is still bad or it’s a mental block he can’t get past. Then that’s obviously not ideal…..

Really didn’t think he was that bad. He does seem nervous going to his left though. Hopefully that will vanish with more time.

His kicking is atrocious but I’ve promised myself I’ll be accepting of it because the alternative is watching Dubs stand still.

said it in the match thread but I’m a bit concerned about his diving to the left. Understandable after his surgery but he looks ropey as fuck on that side.

Usually dont mind his bad kicking, but when we also have Burn and Krafth infront of him who have no idea what to do with the ball at their feet it ruins to much.

The age when CBs and keepers only needed to worry about defending is long gone.

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Usually dont mind his bad kicking, but when we also have Burn and Krafth infront of him who have no idea what to do with the ball at their feet it ruins to much.

The age when CBs and keepers only needed to worry about defending is long gone.

Burn is very good at CB. But I would like to see Schar and Kelly at some point. Kelly is very capable on the ball when he plays CB. Would take a lot of pressure off Pope’s crap kicking. Whilst adding two almost playmaking options at CB. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Burn is very good at CB. But I would like to see Schar and Kelly at some point. Kelly is very capable on the ball when he plays CB. Would take a lot of pressure off Pope’s crap kicking. Whilst adding two almost playmaking options at CB. 

I agree that Burn is good, but we now have a team way to stacked with people who cant pass and make themselves available for a pass.