Nick Pope

Rich

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

That mistake was a sickener. He'll know that's blown any chance of starting at the World Cup if Pickford is fit.

But starting both games shows he's Southgates number 2.

I hope it doesn't impact his confidence. IMO he doesn't make that mistake for us.

I think he'll be number 3 behind Ramsdale at the WC after that performance but fair play hes been excellent for us thus far.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was Ramsdale fit?

I'd imagine so. Lets be honest even if Pope had played two blinders, Pickford was always going to be No1 at the WC. I guess it'll come down to club form now as to who gets the no 2 spot.

He’s fumbled a couple of shots like that for us but got away with it. The England defence did him no favours on the night. As for the penalty he clearly thought it was going the other side and he wasn’t getting anywhere near it. Gundogan looked twice to Pope’s right, in a I hope the keeper sees me looking way, and Pope bought the ticket. 

Having said all that he looked very inhibited in both games.

On 23/09/2022 at 19:32, Beth said:

This. He's dropped a few clangers for Everton but cannot recall a single goal hes been at fault for for England. He was faultless in the euros bar a mad ten minute spell against Denmark where he kicked the ball straight to their players a couple of times.

Very fortunate that his clangers against Denmark weren’t punished then? 

1 minute ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Everton.Scouse Mackems.

They are going to support their mackem twat keeper obvs, but likewise for us. I wouldn't swap given the opportunity. Pickford looks like a charva apart from anything else.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

They are going to support their mackem twat keeper obvs, but likewise for us. I wouldn't swap given the opportunity. Pickford looks like a charva apart from anything else.

They wanted rid of Prickford not that long ago.Apart from mackems,no fans talk more shite then the scouse mackems.They also have a team of cheating bastards.

Goalkeeper in guessing penalty wrong shocker.

I don't know what other clangers there may have been as I don't care about England games enough to watch. But it's quite sad if people are getting on his back over a fairly bog standard conceded penalty. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Solid. England No. 1.

Honestly think he would have saved Miggy's goal tonight. Was not even that high. T-Rex has zero reach.

Possibly.

Edited by McDog

I dont care about the national team, dont care about his "kicking", bottom line: That was his 5th clean sheet this season, we have conceded 9 in 11 in the league. No one can ask for more, he has been absolutely superb for us. 10 million for this lad..