Nick Pope

Rich

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Don't be a plonker Rodney 

I'm absolutely certain on this subject.  Nick Pope is by far the best English goalkeeper at this moment in time.  Now phuck off!

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

:rolleyes: Man of many words eh. 

I make my own mind up and I am not swayed by media pressure.  I actually think Pickford is a liability and nowhere near the class of Nick Pope.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

"A couple of England matches" but reckons he knows who should be playing for England :lol: 

Anyone who prefers Pickford over Pope at this moment in time are clueless and/or a mackem.

2 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

How fucking tall is he, Bruno must be nearly 6 ft and he towered over him in the interview.

Must be 6'5 at least

“6ft 6 maybe”

His own words to a couple of mates that know him. Looks as tall as Burn, mind. 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Pope is, without question. It's not as simple as that though, Pickford's absolutely class for England.

I got slated for saying the same thing earlier in the thread. 

I think the thing with Pickford with England, he's had the time and settled into the position, whereas Pope is getting the odd game here and there, and obviously will be slightly nervy, and has made errors in recent appearances. Given the time to settle as Pickford was, I think he could be as good/better for England.

The impressive thing with Pope for us, becasue the defence has been solid, he often doesn't have much to do in a match, or many shots to face, but when he does, he's on it, and still reactive. Save at Palace as an example, but also the two last night.

Edited by TK-421

2 hours ago, CPL said:

I got slated for saying the same thing earlier in the thread. 

You see when people use this as an argument for preferring Pickford for England makes absolutely zero sense.  Let's say Pickford has three or four shocking performances for his club (which happens regularly) then has a great game in England's next game, is he undroppable because of his one good performance?  Does that mean Pickford can have an awful season for Everton but still retain his international place because "he's great for England"?  It makes a mockery of the selection process if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

You see when people use this as an argument for preferring Pickford for England makes absolutely zero sense.  Let's say Pickford has three or four shocking performances for his club (which happens regularly) then has a great game in England's next game, is he undroppable because of his one good performance?  Does that mean Pickford can have an awful season for Everton but still retain his international place because "he's great for England"?  It makes a mockery of the selection process if that's the case.

The World cup selection showed its a joke anyway under Southgate, with his favourites and the likes of Maguire getting picked ahead of arguably better performing (well, even just playing for their clubs) players.

I know he will pick players who have 'played at that level' and have experience of such matches, but if he continues to ignore players who are performing well at club level, just becasue they've never played for England before (eg BDB), then when will they ever get the chance, especially now we don't have international friendlies anymore.