Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Fair play to them rolling it back and the quick response. You can't complain at them providing some kind of fix the next day.

Looks to me like they're simply not ready in terms of the system they want to roll out and made the wrong call yesterday. It's not great clearly, but at least it's not as ridiculous as previous. 

Well done to the NUST, NUSC and others groups and individuals that's kicked up a fuss promptly.

Cheers, looks different to what I was expecting. I thought all of Leazes corner was the same bracket. 

Also ballot doesn't mention family area so I don't know how that works. 

Category 2 looks biggest, but Gallowgate also has most ST holders. 

Fuck knows basically. 

Exactly. Well done on the stupid pricing issue but the system is still awful and worse than last season. The trust etc need to recognise that and say way more is needed and ensure they don’t just sit around collectively patting their backs. 

Have to say I'm fucked off with this new system, in my position I can basically no longer take the bairn to the odd game as I can't get myself a membership (as an st holder). 

Got the missus a membership but it's far from ideal as she doesn't want to go to matches and the prefers to go with me. 

Think I'll be writing to them as I'm sure there's plenty in the same boat. 

I know there'll be people who think 'ahh woe is you, least you have an st', but I couldn't give a shite, having one shouldn't deny me the opportunity to at least enter a ballot to take the bairn to the match every so often. 

The only people who look daft after this fiasco are the twats on Twitter who sharply turned on the club in a very aggressive way, instead of raising concerns in a civil manner.

Some fucking cunts in our support who deserve the previous regime being re- instated.

Just now, KDT said:

£31 for an Adult ticket in Family Section.

I assume the Categories are still

1 - East Stand

2 - Mid Corners, Gallowgate & mid Leazes.

3 - Low level Leazes

Do you only see family if you have a child linked? It wasn't an option on mine. 

Based on the plan SteV posted it's much more complicated than that. 

And on the ballot the Premium areas are separate from category 1, so you can't hedge your bets on all of that. 

Think I’ll watch Villa in the pub and go for the next game, this shitshow is all over the place, hopefully have something half decent in place time ballot for Liverpool opens

ideally everyone in ballot goes onto site the next day to pick a seat half the available tickets at 10 then half at say 7 if u don’t pick a seat by 12am the following day u get allocated one?

This does seem to be completely wrong like. Not being able to select an option from all available areas is needlessly restrictive. I’ve selected Platinum Club in the hope that they correct this before the tickets are allocated.

The system they have is obviously archaic and shit. Ideally it should have an algorithm in place where you pick a price point you're willing to pay and then it ballots you all those areas, ideally with a preference of where to sit or a subsequent option to then pick seat once balloted. 

The current system isn't intuitive enough so what we now appear to have is just separate ballots for each category. Obviously this creates a conundrum of where to go - creates the thought process of trying to game it based on how many tickets you think are in these areas, how many existing ST holders there are, how many do you think will apply etc. 

In the limitations of the system I can kind of see why they thought a fairer/easier way to do it was to just have one big ballot for all available seats. It's a big misjudgement that people would be happy to accept a lottery over price in the current climate, and tbh generally a massive misjudgement of general consumer behaviour. But now I see the alternative I can see why they made that call.

Edited by ponsaelius