Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Well it's basically a decision that keeps me out of SJP indefinitely. I bet I won't be the only one too, as people quickly get pissed off with being shoved into a seat that they hate.

Yep, I know which parts of the ground I enjoy and have like minded people in. And I expect a lot of others who have been to games do too. 

I guess the club are just assuming that the desire to watch a game live outweighs the preferences that people would have. 

The new atmosphere created by lobbing everyone in at random will be intriguing, to say the least

Edited by bobbydazzla

I know that “touting” is illegal over there but so is scalping over here and we have second hand seller apps like VividSeats and SeatGeek. Are those things over there at all or is that illegal in England too?

Edited by cubaricho

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I know that “touting” is illegal over there but so is scalping over here and we have second hand seller apps like VividSeats and SeatGeek. Are those things over there at all or is that illegal in England too?

We have reseller sites, most are awful, but some are ok although those are just an official method for legit buyers to pass on unwanted tickets at close to face value eg Ticketmaster resale  

But don’t forget, the club has created a ticket resale system, they just haven’t told anyone how it actually works and it goes live in less than 12 hours  

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Plenty of tickets available on reselling sites for the Villa game. Whether they’re real or not is another matter. 

You’d be looking at least £150 for those. 

Yeah @Theregularssent me a link yesterday. Worth the £37 risk at that price for scalpers. Re join and repeat with a new account you’d imagine?

48 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

We have reseller sites, most are awful, but some are ok although those are just an official method for legit buyers to pass on unwanted tickets at close to face value eg Ticketmaster resale  

But don’t forget, the club has created a ticket resale system, they just haven’t told anyone how it actually works and it goes live in less than 12 hours  

We have had a resale system for a few years now.

It is actually quite good. I used it a lot in my last season as an ST holder.

Once the game sells out via club sales, they make it available to list your seat (NB this is season ticket holders only). They then make it available and viewable to anyone who fits current ticket criteria to buy on the club site, which they do in the same way anyone buying a ticket would do.

The club then pay you 80% of 1/19th of the cost of your season ticket, and they keep the rest.

I have read something recently, though, about them getting shitty with people sharing season tickets etc etc without them getting their cut, so no idea what the situation will be this season.

Edited by brummie

3 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

I was on the pitch for that one trying to break up the fight. 

Probably a lifetime ban nowadays......if I could get in of course.

Was that not the other one v Ascoli? The reason for that is because I was on the pitch for that one after David Kelly got sent off, as were quite a few others!

3 hours ago, JLC said:

Ah but did you go to Lucchese away ? 1-1 Quinn maybe ?

I drove there. Fucking great trip.

Memory hazy but think went to Charlton away at Upton Park on way home the following weekend (when Charlton were displaced from The valley?) Won 3-1 

Fair play you've trumped me there although in my defence I was still at school which made the midweek treks to Italy difficult! Think we also played Bari away as well? John the chap hitchhiked over to Italy I recall [emoji38]

Went to the 3 home games v Leicester, Ascoli and Cesena. We were already knocked out by the time we played Cesena.

FWIW and if it’s of use when you have a ST transferred to you for a game you just get a link to the individual ticket to pop in the wallet on your phone to scan in to the stadium. 

Seems relatively simple. 

7 hours ago, brummie said:

Once the game sells out via club sales, they make it available to list your seat (NB this is season ticket holders only). They then make it available and viewable to anyone who fits current ticket criteria to buy on the club site, which they do in the same way anyone buying a ticket would do.

The club then pay you 80% of 1/19th of the cost of your season ticket, and they keep the rest.

I have read something recently, though, about them getting shitty with people sharing season tickets etc etc without them getting their cut, so no idea what the situation will be this season.

My mate does this with his West Ham season ticket too.

9 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

For anyone wondering what the club’s official line is, I got a bland copy n paste response after politely contacting some of the leadership.

It’s not addressing the key detail behind their decision but headlines are:

- Demand is greater than supply

- We consulted with fans in ticketing meetings and there was frustration they couldn’t get tickets last season 

- We’re not planning any system change

- We’ve logged your concern 

- Visit the fan zone when we build it 

- DJ Otzi will be played after every goal 

I like to think that I’ve made my point, even if it’s falling on deaf ears for now.

I'm impressed there's still someone there at 9pm answering emails tbf

8 hours ago, brummie said:

How do tickets work for your away games out of interest?

20 minutes ago, JP said:

Apologies if it has been asked before but looking to confirm, can membership holders give up their tickets for resale?

No, if you buy a ticket through a ballot you cannot resell it.

Joined the queue today. 

With 4 Friends and family doing the same. Best we got was 4700 in the queue, worst 35,000.

Thats even worse than last season for numbers in the queue [emoji38] For around 1000 tickets perhaps? 

12 minutes ago, patrone said:

Managed 2x tickets in L2Sb area

this new system is shite

Currently there are 34k in the Q 

Were there many seats left? Could you tell that? 

Just now, LV said:

Were there many seats left? Could you tell that? 

I only went for that area as it had like 100 avail so was likely to get 2 together.

Other areas I seen had the odd handful but I didn't waste time looking round to be fair

86th in the queue

Saw a seat near my preferred one and just stuck it in my basket and got the fuck out of there.

Went back to look for a seat for a friend but where empty seats showed up, they couldn't actually be booked. This was a couple of minutes after 10.

I've got extremely lucky. And I have massive sympathy for people who have missed out.

This new system is beyond a shambles.

13 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Only 14-17 left when I got in at around 10:15

Just out of a call so popped on in curiosity. I know it'll just be default wording until every last ticket is gone but I did snigger at the Home Tickets page still saying 'plenty of tickets'. :lol: