Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

3 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Or, is it possible for me to buy a membership, and apply with him at least, and forward my ST to someone else if we are both successful? Which is a pain in the arse but I'd be willing to do

Yes, that's the only option now, to get seats together, unfortunately.

Well apart from a very small chance you'd manage two together in the "resale" farce.

Edited by patrone

5 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I've got a question, apologies if already covered.

I'm a season ticket holder, but my dad is a member. Previously I would get him a ticket next to me (or as close as possible).

Am I right in thinking there's no way I can do that now? And that we can't go to the match together anymore?

Or, is it possible for me to buy a membership, and apply with him at least, and forward my ST to someone else if we are both successful? Which is a pain in the arse but I'd be willing to do

Forwarding the ST is fairly straightforward I think. I’m using someone’s ST for Liverpool and our accounts were linked, he said it was easy to switch to my name.

Still, your example just illustrates how short sighted the shite new system is.

You’re gonna have to fork out for a membership and hope that you get lucky in a ballot just to be able to sit near your dad. It’s appalling. 

Your other option would be to team up with somebody who has a membership and link your dad's with theirs. Then apply in the ballot for the two together. Then if successful you could transfer your ST to that person. Saves needing to fork out for another membership if you could.

Edit: although actually that would probably be technically illegal under the current system as the ticket would be under the wrong name. But I doubt they'd ever check this for a home game.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Your other option would be to team up with somebody who has a membership and link your dad's with theirs. Then apply in the ballot for the two together. Then if successful you could transfer your ST to that person. Saves needing to fork out for another membership if you could.

But then how could the st be transferred to a member that has a ticket already assigned in the ballot 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, LV said:

Would be interesting to know if International members do have a different process and whether that means it’s easier or harder to get tickets than standard members.

Let us know what happens @Unbelievable

I don't think it's any different. I've applied for both home games as an international member and have failed to get a ticket.

30 minutes ago, patrone said:

Yes, that's the only option now, to get seats together, unfortunately.

Well apart from a very small chance you'd manage two together in the "resale" farce.

24 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

You’re gonna have to fork out for a membership and hope that you get lucky in a ballot just to be able to sit near your dad. It’s appalling. 

21 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Cheers all.

So follow up question: does anyone know whether I can buy a membership on my current supporter number (which already has a season ticket attached to it). 

Or do I have to create a separate account just to have a membership 

Just now, TheDimpleboy said:

Cheers all.

So follow up question: does anyone know whether I can buy a membership on my current supporter number (which already has a season ticket attached to it). 

I've no idea on that to be fair, but it would be easier to have a 2nd account for the membership 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure how the system would know you could enter the ballot because your already a st holder.

31 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't think it's any different. I've applied for both home games as an international member and have failed to get a ticket.

Good to know, thanks 

32 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Cheers all.

No, you can’t.

Not sure whether the ‘new’ account would have to have different details to original one too?

54 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Cheers all.

You can’t buy a membership if you have a ST. I asked at box office in person weeks ago and they said no because essentially no point as can’t enter the ballot as me as tickets in ballot not transferable.

Your best bet is to get your dad a membership. Skip the auto selected seats ballot and try your luck each game at phase two in the queuing system and hope to find a seat near you.

󠀠

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Downloading your ST to a burner/old phone that supports Google Wallet or Apple Wallet seems like a half decent idea to STHs if you could be arsed. 

Mate of mine has done this with both of his ST's. Just gives the old phone to whoever for each home game.

Edited by Minhosa

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Out of interest, why does he need to do that? 

Means you’re not bound by the 10 transfers thing.

Some people will also see it as less hassle than doing the actual transfer online.

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You can’t buy a membership if you have a ST. I asked at box office in person weeks ago and they said no because essentially no point as can’t enter the ballot as me as tickets in ballot not transferable.

Your best bet is to get your dad a membership. Skip the auto selected seats ballot and try your luck each game at phase two in the queuing system and hope to find a seat near you.

󠀠

Aye he's already got a membership.

So effectively the only way he can sit anywhere near me is if he's ludicrously lucky in the phase 2 queue...

I'll be emailing the club about this like, utter shite.

42 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Out of interest, why does he need to do that? 

He shares the seats with his staff at work as a bit of an incentive thing - doesn't want the hassle of the online stuff and wants to give them to whomever he likes without worrying about being watched by the club.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get this is the price of ‘success’ but actually pretty fed up with this. What a waste of money buying a membership was

Fully understand the frustration if you haven’t got ticket to either game so far. Especially if you’ve gone regularly last season. I’d be the same.

We are only two games in though. Some people are 2/2 in the ballots. That could be you in the next two.

I’d think for Brentford demand will be down a bit from Villa and Liverpool.

Edited by SteV

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Fully understand the frustration if you haven’t got ticket to either game so far. Especially if you’ve gone regularly last season. I’d be the same.

We are only two games in though. Some people are 2/2 in the ballots. That could be you in the next two.

I’d think for Brentford demand will be down a bit from Villa and Liverpool.

Thing is because of work I can’t make every game so I’ll get limited use out of the membership as it is and with every failed ballot it becomes more pointless. It is annoying that people have 2/2 and others have 0/2. I’ll try Brentford as it’s a Sunday game but if that ends up 0 from 3 while others get 3/3 then the system is a load of bollocks. It’s meant to be fairer how is that at all fair?