Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

15 minutes ago, patrone said:

ah, they are only sending the email out to those who will be successful in the upcoming ballot

:bluestar:

Just got my email now, although it doesn't say if I'll be paying nothing, which it was when I first did it, or £22, which it was when I re-applied.

Presumably they've had to send these as they'd be on shaky ground and probably end up with credit card chargebacks etc if they'd just gone ahead and charged everyone the correct price, even though we'd all guessed it was just a cock-up but any new members post PSG or applying for the first time might have thought this is the norm.

Silver lining is it might knock the sorting of our shite website nearer the top of the agenda, if it isn't already there!

Going by how previous ballots have worked,  people have had tickets in accounts and/or money taken by this time of day, but I've not heard of anyone successful so far.

No idea if they've made yet another change to the process or what is more likely it's another cock up

Maybe I'm being naive but it seems like the confirmation day has been improved of late based on the ones I've won. I'd expect you'd be able to work out if you've got one by now across checking pending card transactions and the payment history page of your account.

Looks like I'm a loser based on my above thoughts. 

Edited by wormy

32 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Not to go all conspiracy theory here, but find it too coincidental I get a feeling of less ‘winners’ this time round, given the administration fuck up with the pricing.

Guess we’ll see in the week ahead with the resale. 

Was it at the "right" piece at any point? My ballot entry was with the £41 and that was on the Tuesday.

EDIT: (I didn't get a ticket)

Edited by Sifu

12 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Was it at the "right" piece at any point? My ballot entry was with the £41 and that was on the Tuesday.

EDIT: (I didn't get a ticket)

No idea. Imagine some categories would’ve been. Bet you everyone in the incorrect priced applications ‘missed out’. Very much doubt kids got tickets for £0 😂

4 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

No idea. Imagine some categories would’ve been. Bet you everyone in the incorrect priced applications ‘missed out’. Very much doubt kids got tickets for £0 😂

It's a sound theory tbf :lol:

58 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Got lucky and got a ticket back in the Gallowgate lower tier for Arsenal👍

I was back in East Stand side of Gallowgate lower for Burnley and they’ve all had letters telling them to sit down or get banned

I got a ticket there every game last season and it was bouncing, but flat as fuck for Burnley  

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do you know what these people have done? Not super clear from that tweet. 

It’s basically where people have been (deliberately) given a duff away ticket by the club and then they haven’t attended the away box office to collect a replacement on the day of the game.

Whilst this obviously does flag up people who were selling tickets on, it could also potentially hit someone who legitimately didn’t attend a game for whatever reason.

Edited by SteV

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Guess it would only be people whose ticket was tried at the turnstile first? Otherwise it could be anyone who just didn’t go. 

You’d hope. Although whether they can get access to that data I’m not sure?