James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This bit I don't agree with. It all depends on how good a job the recruitment team do of finding someone outside of the Premier League that can adapt to the league. We've just recently seen that with Bruno. And so I don't think it is anywhere near as clear cut as you've stated.

Totally agree.

20 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

:lol: Reminds me of when @Deputy Dawg UK aggressively told @Kanji he's not his mate.

Z0dJ9qF.png

The best was still Martin Cooper to Albert Arthur Moxey in Cannibals nightclub "I'm not your pal, pal" after turning up late for his girlfriend after being  down The Vic.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This bit I don't agree with. It all depends on how good a job the recruitment team do of finding someone outside of the Premier League that can adapt to the league. We've just recently seen that with Bruno. And so I don't think it is anywhere near as clear cut as you've stated.

But surely a player in the PL right now, who is performing consistently has to be considered a safer purchase?

They can find the right attitudes and attributes but they will always be an unknown until they've done it in this league. That's ignoring players possibly struggling to settle into new countries etc.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

The best was still Martin Cooper to Albert Arthur Moxey in Cannibals nightclub "I'm not your pal, pal" after turning up late for his girlfriend after being  down The Vic.

"I work at the brewery...evvy work that...wey, in the office"

30 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Iverson is very highly regarded and was player of the season on loan at Preston and has won it elsewhere whilst on loan. More likely we give him a shot. We have more pressing concerns at right wing.

Kasper was on the slide and we conceded an obscene amount of set pieces off the back of it. 

You mention your right wing ... can I just check what your thoughts are on Cengiz Under who you had on loan for a bit? He ended up at Marseille last season and has looked really good and has now since signed permanently for them I believe. What happened with him at Leicester, as he looks a decent talent?

6 minutes ago, NE27 said:

But surely a player in the PL right now, who is performing consistently has to be considered a safer purchase?

They can find the right attitudes and attributes but they will always be an unknown until they've done it in this league. That's ignoring players possibly struggling to settle into new countries etc.

Yes, I agree completely, and that is why we've gone for that first and foremost.

However, at a certain price point, I think they will then walk away because of what they can get as an alternative abroad, even if it does come with some risk.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You mention your right wing ... can I just check what your thoughts are on Cengiz Under who you had on loan for a bit? He ended up at Marseille last season and has looked really good and has now since signed permanently for them I believe. What happened with him at Leicester, as he looks a decent talent?

He got injured and then just vanished. Rodgers has a habit of vanishing people, did the same with Praet who also played ok before an injury. 

He was hit and miss but definitely had talent, can take a while for players to settle in a new league sometimes.

11 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Some players just dont cut it after a move regardless on what they are/have done in the league.

See Sanchez, A as an example

Just been talking to a bloke who’s wife’s Aunty cleans the bogs at St James, and she heard Ashworth talking on the phone while he was having a dump and Maddison is coming to the Toon but Dubs is going the other way. It must be true! Apparently she’s a SSN ‘source’ …I look forward to seeing that story going along the yellow banner on SSN. 

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I can only see Leicester having a worse year this year. Its not that they don't have good players, it just seems like there is a bit of disharmony amongst fans, lack of signings, manager on the brink, money issues and from an NUFC stand point, that leads to poor performances on the pitch.

I'd wager they have a bad start, sack Rodgers and then climb up to mid table, then they can reinvest next summer.

There's a couple of other clubs I think will have a slump, Brighton and Wolves to name a couple.

Rodgers has done a pretty excellent job tbf. I don't rate him that highly but last season aside. They have done excellent under him. If Leicester had got a world class manager in when they won the league they may have stayed a top 4 side. 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Some players just dont cut it after a move regardless on what they are/have done in the league.

Hadn't he played for about a billion months in a row for 5 consecutive years though.

42 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

We had a model of everyone was basically employed by the club, and were club men rather than the managers men. Then we let them go and replaced them with Rodgers people. I don’t think it works as when the manager goes (and they will), you end up replacing half your scouts, back room and fitness team etc. 

Interesting to learn that. He hated Michael Edwards at LFC. Used his media mates to ramp up the pressure against LFC transfer committee. Tried to get them replaced but FSG stood firm on that aspect. It got really weird his penultimate season when he started playing Edwards signings out of their position to make them look bad - Firmino at right wing, Emre Can at right back. 

I really rate Rodgers football acumen. But it is interesting to see that the same issues are continuing. 

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Oh aye, it's not the rule of course.

But generally speaking, players who've done it here carry less risk, but cost the big bucks.

I'm excited for the season either way and I'm happy the club is working with the club's best interests at heart. On the outside looking in the offers for the likes of maddison seem peculiar and possibly even derisory. But I have faith the club has had some encouragement and aren't just fucking everybody about.

It would do them few favours amongst an already pissed group of club owners

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Hope reckons we are wasting our time. Budget won’t stretch to £50m 

Eddie's hope for two players ain't going to go far then, hope better get on the blower to Eddie and let him know.

13 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

He got injured and then just vanished. Rodgers has a habit of vanishing people, did the same with Praet who also played ok before an injury. 

He was hit and miss but definitely had talent, can take a while for players to settle in a new league sometimes.

Ah, he got injured. That's a shame for you lot. Think you could have had a really good one there.

Just now, Comegetasample said:

Hope knows fuck all, just trying to stay relevant.

Why? Because he’s saying something you don’t want to hear? He’s been right about a few times. Even just today he said the bid was only £40m and shortly after sky and others followed and said it wasn’t as high as £50m and more like £40m 

Just now, gdm said:

Why? Because he’s saying something you don’t want to hear? He’s been right about a few times. Even just today he said the bid was only £40m and shortly after sky and others followed and said it wasn’t as high as £50m and more like £40m 

Guessing. They don’t “know” I would presume (but I don’t know for sure) [emoji38]