James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Sorry fella I haven't read all of your posts, Rogers gave the impression today that you'd need to sell at least one big name. I gather that isn't the case?

Feel free to quote an old post if you've already been over this.

Sigh[emoji38] Cheeky cunt

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

TBF Arsenal's window has gone to plan.

They've sorted out their priority positions in time for everyone to play in pre-season. Striker, a creator and a player that can play LB and CM. They've also brought in someone who can play RW.

Chelsea are having a mare. Mostly due to a late takeover, players leaving on a free, more players wanting to leave and Barcelona signing 1 of their players (maybe more) and taking 2 of their top targets.

We have 0 of our main targets in

I agree with @Tiotes Witch Doctor. Some are acting like this is going to plan and everything is under control. That is clearly not the case. Plan A went to PSG and we are on Plan D and that isn't working out so far either.

Botman? 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Botman? 

At the start of the summer, we would've said RW, ST, CM (assuming we sign MT) were the top priorities. It turns out we circled back to get our CB from January. I'm glad we got him and he could prove to be a bargain. But i wouldn't have said it was a priority position. IMO anyway.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

At the start of the summer, we would've said RW, ST, CM (assuming we sign MT) were the top priorities. It turns out we circled back to get our CB from January. I'm glad we got him and he could prove to be a bargain. But i wouldn't have said it was a priority position. IMO anyway.

I realise it's tedious, and in the past it was pointless, but the window hasn't shut. I'll judge this window then.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Maybe not a priority, but I wouldn't ever again want to be 1 injury from potentially having to throw Lascelles into the mix again. I'm personally thrilled he's signed, doesn't change the fact we still need a couple of attacking players of sufficient quality.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sorry fella I haven't read all of your posts, Rogers gave the impression today that you'd need to sell at least one big name. I gather that isn't the case?

Feel free to quote an old post if you've already been over this.

Rodgers said absolutely nothing about selling a big name. He said assets, every player on the books is an asset. 

“It would have to be about trimming the squad or selling your assets.“

The aim is to sell or loan out fringe players and always has been. With the exception of Soyuncu or Tielemans being in their last year.

We have to sell or loan out to buy. But we don’t really need to buy that much. 

Gk Ward / Iverson

RB Ricardo / Castagne

CB Fofana / Soyuncu

CB Evans / Amartey / Vestergaard

LB Justin / Thomas

RW Perez / Albrighton 

LW Barnes

CM Tielemans / Praet / Choudhury Maddison

CM Ndidi / Mendy / Soumare / Dewsbury Hall

ST Vardy / Daka / Iheanacho 

We have too many CM’s and not enough wide men. So we’d want to lose two or three CM’s (not Maddison) and get a winger.

Next would be sell a fringe CB and get another better CB. 

Then perhaps a cheap third choice keeper.

2 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Rodgers said absolutely nothing about selling a big name. He said assets, every player on the books is an asset. 

The aim is to sell or loan out fringe players and always has been. With the exception of Soyuncu or Tielemans being in their last year.

Gk Ward / Iverson

RB Ricardo / Castagne

CB Fofana / Soyuncu

LB Justin / Thomas

RW Perez / Albrighton 

LW Barnes

We have too many CM’s and not enough wide men. So we’d want to lose two or three CM’s (not Maddison) and get a winger.

You guys going with Ward and Iverson as first keepers you think?

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

“I became aware towards the end of the season that the club would have to balance it’s books, then of course that becomes very difficult.

“The club will not look to spend money they don’t have and that is where the club is stable and they will always be very sensible.”

“It would have to be about trimming the squad or selling your assets [to make new signings]. That’s something that the club are looking closely at.

“It’s where we’re at. The squad needs to get trimmed. Until that happens, I have to concentrate on the players that I have.”

It's a good squad tbf., they need a keeper though.

2 minutes ago, snakzz said:

You guys going with Ward and Iverson as first keepers you think?

Seems like it, the club really rate Iverson and we have another top class young polish keeper. I think they want a progression route for them. 

Kasper hasn’t been amazing, this season. So it’s a good time to make a change. Still gutted as he’s a legend though. 

4 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Gk Ward / Iverson

RB Ricardo / Castagne

CB Fofana / Soyuncu

LB Justin / Thomas

RW Perez / Albrighton 

LW Barnes

It's not always up to the selling club which players to sell though.  Its a good squad. What are your keepers like?  You seem a bit light on the wings as well.  Perez is not a winger, I know you play him there but if you want the best out of him he needs to be a second striker.  That's why his returns are so much lower for you than he was for us and he plays in a much better team now so should be a lot higher.

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

It's not always up to the selling club which players to sell though.  Its a good squad. What are your keepers like?  You seem a bit light on the wings as well.  Perez is not a winger, I know you play him there but if you want the best out of him he needs to be a second striker.  That's why his returns are so much lower for you than he was for us and he plays in a much better team now so should be a lot higher.

In which case we can just go with what we’ve got. But a number were already on loan to other clubs before who we know still have interest in them. It’s likely to all be late loan deals. And we juts loan players in, our RW both of last two seasons has been a loan, so we’d just do it again. 

Edited by Foxedup

4 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

In which case we can just go with what we’ve got. But a number were already on loan to other clubs before who we know still have interest in them. It’s likely to all be late loan deals. And we juts loan players in, our RW both of last two seasons has been a loan, so we’d just do it again. 

As I said yesterday, why don't you just wait and see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

As I said yesterday, why don't you just wait and see what happens. 

Close the thread then, I’m just attempting to give a different perspective as people seem to put two and two together and get five.

7 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Close the thread then, I’m just attempting to give a different perspective as people seem to put two and two together and get five.

You just seem to be repeating the same thing over and over to different people to me. Crack on if you want though, I'll just skip your posts. 

The one thing I will say, Foxedup seems so desperate to convince us that they aren't selling Maddison that I think he is very worried about losing Maddison.

He might be right. He might be trying to convince himself more than us.