James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The Sevilla fan was mint like :lol:

Was having absolutely none of it, was canny funny.

It was incredible. The lad gave example after example of Sevilla standing firm with the valuations of their players and said that it would be exactly the same with Carlos, then just post after post of people telling him why he might be wrong. :lol:

1 minute ago, STM said:

The one thing I will say, Foxedup seems so desperate to convince us that they aren't selling Maddison that I think he is very worried about losing Maddison.

He might be right. He might be trying to convince himself more than us.

Would be weird if he wasn't worried.

If we were hearing about offers for Bruno from a big club or a club on the rise we would be shitting it aswell. I suppose because of our current owners wealth its not quite the same for us as other clubs because we are going to hit the stage of having all sponsors in place, tv money rolling in, we hope European football so more revenue, and all the other things that generate revenue and we will be able to replace no trouble.

We will also hit the point of having players that we can actually sell for a decent wedge. Currently we have nothing really so we're just spending. Great times coming!

Not that I'd ever want to, because we couldn't replace his personality. What a lovely guy he is!

2 minutes ago, STM said:

The one thing I will say, Foxedup seems so desperate to convince us that they aren't selling Maddison that I think he is very worried about losing Maddison.

He might be right. He might be trying to convince himself more than us.

I'd be extremely worried about the prospect of losing a player as good as Maddison as well Tbf. Remember when Carroll was sold, I was fucking gutted. 

47 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Seems like it, the club really rate Iverson and we have another top class young polish keeper. I think they want a progression route for them. 

Kasper hasn’t been amazing, this season. So it’s a good time to make a change. Still gutted as he’s a legend though. 

I thought ward was the one to get the nod?

Still think he'd be available for the right price. We must have had some sort of encouragement for us to put two bids in for him. 

Other similar targets we've seemingly walked away from without bidding when we've been told what it would take. 

44 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

In which case we can just go with what we’ve got. But a number were already on loan to other clubs before who we know still have interest in them. It’s likely to all be late loan deals. And we juts loan players in, our RW both of last two seasons has been a loan, so we’d just do it again. 

Fair enough, would make more sense to either sell perez of play him in his position though. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

In my opinion I think if we go all in on Maddison it may well be our only signing unless we can get a striker on loan. 

We won't go over what we have went so far which isn't getting anywhere close to a deal imo

28 minutes ago, jack j said:

We won't go over what we have went so far which isn't getting anywhere close to a deal imo

Yeah I don’t think we will either just saying if we do I don’t think there’ll be any other players in. 

Edited by gdm

Tell you what mind lads. Say what you want about us as fans but our ability to waffle on for over 100 pages for a player we aren't even close to signing and covering a range of topics whilst simultaneously falling out with each other on a regular basis is a sight to behold. [emoji38]

Just now, STM said:

Tell you what mind lads. Say what you want about us as fans but our ability to waffle on for over 100 pages for a player we aren't even close to signing and covering a range of topics whilst simultaneously falling out with each other on a regular basis is a sight to behold. [emoji38]

Pessimists and optimists falling out over their interpretations of the same limited information [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

In my opinion I think if we go all in on Maddison it may well be our only signing unless we can get a striker on loan. 

I’d be happy with this. Maddison and a loan striker with option to buy

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Great man. Got me through my last 4 nightshifts

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Pessimists and optimists falling out over their interpretations of the same limited information [emoji38]

We deserve a medal, we really do. I'm not even annoyed, I'm in awe.

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Great man. Got me through my last 4 nightshifts

That’s when our American cousins take over custodianship of the forum. They get the insomniacs and the night workers 

5 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Would be weird if he wasn't worried.

If we were hearing about offers for Bruno from a big club or a club on the rise we would be shitting it aswell. I suppose because of our current owners wealth its not quite the same for us as other clubs because we are going to hit the stage of having all sponsors in place, tv money rolling in, we hope European football so more revenue, and all the other things that generate revenue and we will be able to replace no trouble.

We will also hit the point of having players that we can actually sell for a decent wedge. Currently we have nothing really so we're just spending. Great times coming!

Not that I'd ever want to, because we couldn't replace his personality. What a lovely guy he is!

Aye, if we lost Bruno I would be gutted.  I just hope we are in a place in a couple of years so we can live up to his ambitions.  

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Aye, if we lost Bruno I would be gutted.  I just hope we are in a place in a couple of years so we can live up to his ambitions.  

I'd imagine there would be a collective groan across the town if that ever popped up on a yellow ticker.

Just now, BonesJones said:

I'd imagine there would be a collective groan across the town if that ever popped up on a yellow ticker.

I think it would be more than a groan.  He is here for a while, we are just signing the best players we can.  It might take a while but if every player we sign from now is of the calibre of Bruno, Botman etc I am happy to wait.  We just need to make sure we sign enough of that level so we progress to meet their needs.

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think it would be more than a groan.  He is here for a while, we are just signing the best players we can.  It might take a while but if every player we sign from now is of the calibre of Bruno, Botman etc I am happy to wait.  We just need to make sure we sign enough of that level so we progress to meet their needs.

This is exactly the reason we've been 'slow' in the transfer market. We're only after quality and it doesn't come easily or cheaply. We could continue to just make the Targett,Burn type signing that are good consistent players but if we want the Bruno, Trippier, Botman level then we have to play a different game to attract those players and convince their club to sell. Even our wage structure could be holding us back currently, let alone other factors such as European football etc.

But we've managed to get 3 top players in so far in a relatively small time frame. So I'm happy with that, and it's will likely be a 4th before the window shuts based on the amount we're bidding for Maddison and Howes interview.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

You all came out with exactly the same stuff about the Sevilla fan who kept posting hard to swallow pills.

They ended up selling Carlos for £29m a few months later, Im pretty sure that was a lot less than we offered a few months earlier.

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

So if Chelsea get Cucurella, does that mean they won't want Fofana? Meaning we'll have a better chance at Maddison if Leicester still need to sell. I know the Leicester fan says it'll be lesser players...but it surely favour us. 

Or are Chelsea hoovering up every fucker! 

They are desperate for a centre back so I don’t think it will stop them going for him.

Yeah, while him joining and Azpilicueta staying does augment them, there still seems to be a decent hole at CB in their squad, and they do appear to have unlimited funds.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

They ended up selling Carlos for £29m a few months later, Im pretty sure that was a lot less than we offered a few months earlier.

Don't think it was the valuation. It was down to the fact they were still challenging for the league and involved in the Europa League. See Botman also.