James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

19 minutes ago, foxghost said:

Thanks for the sentiment, but too many players seem to be a shadow of their former selves (Castagne, NDidi, Vardy) and the fans seem bemused by manager selections (no idea why Iheanacho rarely gets the nod). Reminds me a bit of your Brucie days (sorry to bring back painful memories). 

Immensely proud of the players.

Great character, a wonderful human being.

• 3 weeks later...

From Brenda’s presser today:

“It’s been a conversation the club have been having for a while. His contract is clear where it’s at. For me, it’s about making sure James is playing at the best level he can be. He’s staying available and fit.”

You speak with him personally?

“Yeah, I speak openly with the players, especially with the situation with him. We have a whole host of players out of contract in the next 18 months. That connection between the manager and player is important. It’s a constant dialogue.”

What would it mean for Maddison to sign?

“It’d be great. He’s a top player in the league. He’s shown that in his time here gradually. You can see that development take place. We improve players and give them great conditions to work in. But I won’t be begging a player to stay. They get great support here and if they’ve been here, they understand what the club is about. Players' careers are short and they have to think about the future. I understand what they’re thinking.”

Edited by bowlingcrofty

30 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

From Brenda’s presser today:

“It’s been a conversation the club have been having for a while. His contract is clear where it’s at. For me, it’s about making sure James is playing at the best level he can be. He’s staying available and fit.”

You speak with him personally?

“Yeah, I speak openly with the players, especially with the situation with him. We have a whole host of players out of contract in the next 18 months. That connection between the manager and player is important. It’s a constant dialogue.”

What would it mean for Maddison to sign?

“It’d be great. He’s a top player in the league. He’s shown that in his time here gradually. You can see that development take place. We improve players and give them great conditions to work in. But I won’t be begging a player to stay. They get great support here and if they’ve been here, they understand what the club is about. Players' careers are short and they have to think about the future. I understand what they’re thinking.”

Brendon’s got a baby, but Brendon hasn’t got a brain; a damn shame, the guy can’t even spell his name!

• 3 weeks later...

Most Leicester fans  hope that Madders stays with us, even though he will never play the full season.  Prospective buyers will have to take into account he will win many games for you, but you will need backup to allow him to rest games (which a club of your size will no doubt have).

Just now, foxghost said:

Most Leicester fans  hope that Madders stays with us, even though he will never play the full season.  Prospective buyers will have to take into account he will win many games for you, but you will need backup to allow him to rest games (which a club of your size will no doubt have).

:lol: We have about 13 first team players. But yes I'd happily take the risks for Maddison. I think he'd be the best signing we could make this summer.

I think he’ll be one of those signings that if we want him we need to get it done early doors, as the longer it lingers the more likely other clubs will be in for him. Can see Spurs going for him so we need to make the most of the uncertainty there regarding Conte’s future.

You know, people go on about James Maddison and an injury record but the reality is it's not that bad at all.

He'd be a great addition to Newcastle and if we could get him for a fair price given his contract being up in 2024.

If we fail to land him then James Ward Prowse would be a great second.

Having said that it'll be interesting to see what we actually do in the summer.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

The closing paragraph in Swiss Ramble’s latest blog, on Leicester’s finances:

EBC0E16C-0068-41DC-A628-E14FBD1C0700.thumb.jpeg.85a6973ccea23066fcc7eb1f4b4a8611.jpeg

After losing Tielemens for free they’ll have to sell him to recoup some funds. 

21 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Probably wouldn't come to us and I believe we aren't all that interested anyways.

Aye I have a feeling (based on nowt) that it’s going to be like Paqueta all over again this summer with Maddison. 

19 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye I have a feeling (based on nowt) that it’s going to be like Paqueta all over again this summer with Maddison. 

Except we actually did bid for Maddison. Twice.

Edited by Scoot