James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I am not sure 'leading the race' months before the transfer window opens counts for much tbh

It's a bullshit term. I'd be surprised if we weren't in a semi-agreement with Maddisons camp and have an understanding of what Leicester would want.

Again,someone like Liverpool step in and it's curtains, financially.

1 minute ago, STM said:

It's a bullshit term. I'd be surprised if we weren't in a semi-agreement with Maddisons camp and have an understanding of what Leicester would want.

Again,someone like Liverpool step in and it's curtains, financially.

Absolutely but equally he'd be daft not to have as many options open as he can

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

The way they can and do rotate would be beneficial for him as well. I’d worry about his injury record if we do get him.

Yeah that injury record doesn't look too clever unless we are getting him at a good price.

Yep, with European football next year, you have to spin any potential injury problems into a positive and say its an opportunity for players like Willock and Longstaff to get games.

If we are playing FC whothefuck at home, we could quite comfortably rest Maddison for a PL game etc.

We also have to our medical team and their ability to assess his fitness record and how to handle it.

23 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

If the price is under £35m we’ll be at risk of Spurs or Arsenal or type like going ‘might as well’ and getting him just because it’s good value.  

I don’t think Arsenal sign Trossard for £50m. But at the price they got him for - it’s a no brainer.  

Brilliant point, that. I know his contract situation but he's easily worth £50m. To us he's worth that for the improvement he'd bring. Go to the £30-35m bracket and like you say, that's when the likes of Arsenal and City start thinking they'll take him. 

5 minutes ago, NWMag said:

£50 million according to that. Let’s do it

Ludicrous price for someone with one year left. Can’t think of anyone in that situation who’s gone for that.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Always been a lot of chat that he wants to move down to London.

Just imagine he goes there and then kane leaves 😂 they'll be lucky to finish mid table. 

There was a rumour that we wanted to move for him in January and he decided to wait until the summer to see what other options emerged.

Part of me kind of wants us to have used the extra time (and potentially more money with CL football) to get a better target lined up while nobody else comes in for Maddison due to his injuries. Then he goes to Chelsea to be misused there while we're in the CL.

I'm a small man in some ways, lads. A small, petty man.

There must be a decent chance that Leicester could lose two of their best midfielders for free over the next year or so. Tielemans looks like going on a free, and if they continue to demand a silly price for Maddison with his recent injury record, what's the chances he might decide to hang on and take his pick of clubs come January?

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not for £50m he won't.

Probably not. But a lot also depends on Maddison and where he wants to go. Leicester need major surgery and with Maddison coming up to his last year, they may take what they can rather than have him leave for nothing like Tielemans- their club is geared towards selling one big player a year and reinvesting. They haven’t been able to do that this year so will be doubly shafted if it happens again next season. If he wants to go to a London club, Tottenham pay well, have world class facilities and he could say no to other transfer bids. 

edit- I’m not saying that he DOES want to go to London, but I don’t think Leicester hold the cards here and won’t get away with demanding the rumoured £50m

Edited by Manxst

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Ludicrous price for someone with one year left. Can’t think of anyone in that situation who’s gone for that.

It really is, and they might even get relegated.

He's worth £30M tops.