James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

With all the furore surrounding football player betting, it boggles my mind that betting on player movements is even vaguely allowed.

Totally agree. Betting firms use inside information for their odds but when the tables are turned they cry wolf like they did with Trippier.

35 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Based purely on rumor and speculation, I’ve decided that he’s a money-grubbing piece of shit, posh wanker/Tory cunt, and I hate him.

He once looked at a chained up tiger too I heard 

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Don’t  see why people are surprised that Tottenham are still considered a more attractive proposition than we are (black and white bias aside)

Yeah, bias aside I'd say both sides are about even when it comes to the possibility of finishing in the CL spots next season (whether that means top 4 or 5 who knows yet). You imagine over the next 5-10 years we will start to pull away from them, but that probably doesn't mean as much to someone who turns 27 in November. If he were 22/23 then maybe he'd take it into account more. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, they are.

For now.  :) 

Champions League football, rich owners, progressive English manager and die hard fan base over amateur manager, chairman who undermines managers, stadium designed for concerts rather than football and a team with no European football in one of the most violent areas of London?

Gonna have to explain that one.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Champions League football, rich owners, progressive English manager and die hard fan base over amateur manager, chairman who undermines managers, stadium designed for concerts rather than football and a team with no European football in one of the most violent areas of London?

Gonna have to explain that one.

Spectacular and bigger new ground, higher turnover, better recent track record, higher wages on offer, likely to return to Europe next season, and in London (the players are unlikely to suffer the consequences of living in NE London - they’ll live in a completely different part of it).

If him/his lass want to move to London then it's fair enough like, not much we can do about that. 

There isn't much to suggest they're going to be a force on the pitch next season though. They're in danger of dropping back into mediocrity.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Similar sized clubs once you take Ashley out of it.

They've peaked and will only return to those heights fleetingly with their fans suitably morose about it. No CL, no magic.

Were only going in one direction and will only drop out fleetingly. CL, magic.

If anybody would even mull over us or Spurs at this point I'd make their minds up for them and move on. Doesn't indicate they'd have the right mentality for us

Edited by Wolfcastle

Not arsed at all about this one. Wouldn’t be my preference. He went hiding during Leicesters run in.

As Conte said.. “players there don’t want to play under pressure.. of course, this way it’s easy”. Well he certainly looked like he was in that mind frame last season.

You add someone like him in and you lose something existing. What do you sacrifice to accommodate?

Spurs issue isn’t scoring goals or creating chances btw. They need an overhaul at the back.

Just focusing on the current state of both clubs, Kane is 4/6 to stay at Spurs on Betfair, if he leaves I think we are clearly a much more attractive proposition than them, Spurs could very easily finish in the bottom half next season if he goes. If Kane stays, and they recruit well, and Postecoglou does well in the Premier League then we will likely compete vs each other next season, that's a lot that needs to go well for Spurs to be on our level next season. Of course, no Europe will be beneficial for them, but I wouldn't think that would be a positive for a player deciding to sign. 

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Spectacular and bigger new ground, higher turnover, better recent track record, higher wages on offer, likely to return to Europe next season, and in London (the players are unlikely to suffer the consequences of living in NE London - they’ll live in a completely different part of it).

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Similar sized clubs once you take Ashley out of it.

They've peaked and will only return to those heights fleetingly with their fans suitably morose about it. No CL, no magic.

Were only going in one direction and will only drop out fleetingly. CL, magic.

If anybody would even mull over us or Spurs at this point I'd make their minds up for them and move on. Doesn't indicate they'd have the right mentality for us

Ashley is the biggest difference.  Spurs weren’t a more attractive club pre-Ashley.  I still think it’ll take another season or two or doing better to move the balance back.  

35 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Don’t  see why people are surprised that Tottenham are still considered a more attractive proposition than we are (black and white bias aside)

I don't think they are particularly, it depends on the player's personal preference. If ponceing about to experience London life is a big draw then fair enough, Spurs is a good shout. If you want Champions league football and the ultimate football arena, then Newcastle is the place to be.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think they are particularly, it depends on the player's personal preference. If ponceing about to experience London life is a big draw then fair enough, Spurs is a good shout. If you want Champions league football and the ultimate football arena, then Newcastle is the place to be.

Don't discount the fact that he could be being offered £50k more a week by them, money is a big motivator when the player has zero affiliation to either club chasing his signature.....

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Don't discount the fact that he could be being offered £50k more a week by them, money is a big motivator when the player has zero affiliation to either club chasing his signature.....

Yes I get that, but I'm going off the rumour he's wanted a London move from last time we made a move. I think we could match Spurs for wages anyway, it's the likes of Chelsea and City we are still a year or two off. Can't see that tight cunt Levy blowing us out of the water.