James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

He's easily worth £60m IMO. Not saying we should just bid it outright, but if he's attainable for that price we should do whatever we can to get him. Apart from diving to win a penalty against us, he's been one of my favourite players in the PL the last few seasons. Would be such an incredible signing. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So most outlets are reporting that we've bid £50 million, but Leicester want £60 million. Surely they find a compromise? 

Cunts could just be stringing us along for a ridiculous amount though

They were always going to reject this second bid, as they know we will edge higher. The next bid will be the crucial one, because at that point it will be take it or leave.

It's right about now where Maddison needs to inform the club of his desire to leave.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

They were always going to reject this second bid, as they know we will edge higher. The next bid will be the crucial one, because at that point it will be take it or leave.

It's right about now where Maddison needs to inform the club of his desire to leave.

I’m pretty sure he will have already made them aware he is interested in us. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting that Maddison is the player we've gone all in on mind. There was talk of Diaby and Isak going at similar prices. We obviously value PL experience quite highly.

A lot players with big reputations and transfer fees have failed to deliver in the premiership. Not much risk on a player with proven pedigree.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting that Maddison is the player we've gone all in on mind. There was talk of Diaby and Isak going at similar prices. We obviously value PL experience quite highly.

As much as I love Isak, Maddison is currently a better player. That said, I'd still be happier signing Isak, but that's purely because of personal reasons. Maddison offers better value for the club IMO. 

I know I'm somewhat simplifying things but I still don't understand how negotiations over the price of a player can take days in this day and age. 

I just don't get how it doesn't end up a real time discussion with pauses to get sign off from any appropriate higher ups? You're either willing to listen to offers as the sellers, and willing to go up to a certain price as the buyers, or not?

Just now, wormy said:

I know I'm somewhat simplifying things but I still don't understand how negotiations over the price of a player can take days in this day and age. 

I just don't get how it doesn't end up a real time discussion with pauses to get sign off from any appropriate higher ups? You're either willing to listen to offers as the sellers, and willing to go up to a certain price as the buyers, or not?

Time allows expectations to become more realistic.

Just now, wormy said:

There will be fucking loads of paperwork to go over, with clauses and bonuses etc. Then you know, people might actually need some time to consider things :lol: There are so many people involved in a transfer, I'm surprised any gets done quickly at all tbh. 

The chances we would create if we signed him. 

I like Howe's thought process. We don't need a new striker we just need to give Wood 80 chances in a game and he will get goals. 

Maybe. 

Edited by Scotty66

Just now, Nobody said:

There will be fucking loads of paperwork to go over, with clauses and bonuses etc. Then you know, people might actually need some time to consider things :lol: There are so many people involved in a transfer, I'm surprised any gets done quickly at all tbh. 

Not to mention Leicester may be sounding out players who they may want to spend the money on etc. 

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I get clauses and whatnot but I'll just never understand it taking days just to reach the headline transfer figure. Of course there'll be a fuckton of paperwork to sift through when the time comes but are they refreshing every page with every offer? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The chances we would create if we signed him. 

I like Howe's thought process. We don't need a new striker we just need to give Wood 80 chances in a game and he will get goals. 

Maybe. 

Botman slicing the place open into Maddison onto Maxi into Wilson.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

I get clauses and whatnot but I'll just never understand it taking days just to reach the headline transfer figure. Of course there'll be a fuckton of paperwork to sift through when the time comes but are they refreshing every page with every offer? :lol:

Sounds like they didn't bother with our first bid and just rejected it straight away, but this one they might be doing just that?