James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Didn’t City get bought before the Abu Dhabi group though, who took them into Europe?

They were bopping around mid-table. It’s complete nonsense this idea that they were readying an assault. Actually think Chelsea have way more grounds for that claim.

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

They were bopping around mid-table. It’s complete nonsense this idea that they were readying an assault. Actually think Chelsea have way more grounds for that claim.

They had the likes of Zabaleta and Kompany already in place amongst others because they had already spent fortunes under their previous takeover.

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Tbf, they'd had a fair amount of investment in the squad (and had Sven as manager at the beginning of that takeover season iirc) from that dodgy bloke Shinawatra.

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Didn’t City get bought before the Abu Dhabi group though, who took them into Europe?

Yeah, Thaksin Shinawatra, former PM(?) of Thailand.

19 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Controversial but I'm not sold on Maddison being a transformative signing for us. Great player, I'm just not sure what the thinking behind it is at the moment. RW and ST are obviously far more pressing and if we were going for that sort of player, Maddison at that price tag isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

Said it before though, his numbers were almost KDB level last year, so hopefully he comes and it immediately all makes sense.

I think Maddison would be transformative in exactly the same way Willock was for that 6 month loan. 

Reading at that Leicester forum and every clubs fans seem to be fucking deluded about their team (including some of ours). I do know that they had injuries and focused solely on Europe for a spell but they were 15th on expected points last season and extremely lucky to get the 8th. Reading their forum and you would think you were on Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal forum. 99% absolutely clueless about our team too.

Edited by Pata

10 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Reading on their forum about this and I notice one or two are saying that City were starting from a much stronger position than us when they got bought. I have no idea when this bogus idea took traction. City were note failures if not an outright nobody of a club. They won the lottery, that’s all that happened 

It's not really bogus, they had a takeover before the takeover that got them to mid-table and already had some decent players by then, most notably Kompany, but they also had Hart, Corluka, Richards, Elano, Michael Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Sturridge and Schmeichel.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Reading at that Leicester forum and every clubs fans seem to fucking deluded about their team (including some of ours). I do know that they had injuries and focused solely on Europe for a spell but they were 15th on expected points last season and extremely lucky to get the 8th. Reading their forum and you would think you were on Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal forum. 99% absolutely clueless about our team too.

Aye, we have our fair share of whoppers but some of the things you read on other forums is absolutely astounding. :lol:

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not really bogus, they had a takeover before the takeover that got them to mid-table and already had some decent players by then, most notably Kompany, but they also had Hart, Corluka, Richards, Elano, Michael Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Sturridge and Schmeichel.

He only owned them for little over a year but did splash the cash so I think it would be fair to include that season on post-takeover era.