Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

A player that will be utterly forgettable in years to come. Will feature somewhere in a quiz of players we almost signed and will be a right cunt to remember

Edited by AJ9

To those who are unhappy is there anyone we could have gotten where you'd think "well, that's that - not a single chance we don't finish top 4 now." From my perspective no. There are two things going on here:

1) Players we want aren't available right now

2) You're taking a risk either way - one approach, which is what we're likely doing, is to stick mostly to the plan, risk good health and continued form, plus hope Gordon makes an impact. The other risk is you overpay for 1-2 players (who may or may not be our #1 targets) by bringing future money forward and then you're still hoping for good health and some of the struggling teams to continue struggling. The second approach has far worse long term impacts if we were to finish 5th and I don't think it measurably increases the odds on the upside outcome.

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

I still think it's mental we're finishing the window a CM lighter than before the window 🤣

Its a very heavy gamble for sure. I know that shelvey has not played but we are extremely light and if one or god forbid two injuries happen in the midfield we are pretty much out. And our midfield not being able to create or finish right now is also something very very weak. This is a chance to really fight for that top 4 and we should grab it with both hands.

Just now, Schecter said:

It's interesting that Chelsea see us as more of a threat than Arsenal. £12m is surely peanuts to them at this point. Makes me think the Gallagher stuff has been media driven bollocks for Deadline traffic 

Well we are for this season, there's 0% chance of Chelsea winning the league but an incredible run second half of the season they have an outside chance of top 4.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

It's interesting that Chelsea see us as more of a threat than Arsenal. £12m is surely peanuts to them at this point. Makes me think the Gallagher stuff has been media driven bollocks for Deadline traffic 

Not really, 12 million for Jorginho who was leaving for free in 6 months is great business that they where never going to turn down.

We are essentially where we were in September imo. A CM/DM and back up striker short of where I would like the squad to be but stronger in general. Think Anderson is going to get lots of minutes in the second half of the season. 

DM, CM, long/shorterm Schar replacement and another striker in the summer would be good. Maybe another winger.