Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, STM said:

Yeah but he said team ethos. So I read that as the collective culture of our team. I don't know, but I see this heading down a slippery slope that I'm not comfortable with. [emoji38]

Yeah the wider attitudes and cultures.

When i interview people I look to see if they fit in with the team ethos. Will they contribute to the type of culture we have and want to cultivate? It's a call on their professional personality. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

23 goals and 21 assists in 89 appearances is terrible? 

10 PL goals in almost 4000 minutes for a good Chelsea side is pretty bad. He scored 28 in 2825 minutes in the Bundesliga in his last RB Leipzig season. For some reason (mental?) he can't finish anymore and also his xG+xA per 90 minutes has plummeted which means he's not even getting into good positions as much as he used to. His expected assists per 90 was 0.02 last season which is just ridiculously low (Jacob Murphy had 0.15 last season ffs). I would like us to sign him but he's been terrible for Chelsea.

Werner.PNG

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah the wider attitudes and cultures.

When i interview people I look to see if they fit in with the team ethos. Will they contribute to the type of culture we have and want to cultivate? It's a call on their professional personality. 

Bore off, man. This isn't a fucking job interview panel. It was a throwaway comment on an internet forum as to why we mightn't have stuck in a bid.

10 minutes ago, Pata said:

10 PL goals in almost 4000 minutes for a good Chelsea side is pretty bad. He scored 28 in 2825 minutes in the Bundesliga in his last RB Leipzig season. For some reason (mental?) he can't finish anymore and also his xG+xA per 90 minutes has plummeted which means he's not even getting into good positions as much as he used to. His expected assists per 90 was 0.02 last season which is just ridiculously low (Jacob Murphy had 0.15 last season ffs). I would like us to sign him but he's been terrible for Chelsea.

Werner.PNG

Nearly a quarter of his game time is via coming on as a substitute though? It’s no wonder he won’t get into positions or goal scoring chances when he’s only on for the last few moments of a game.

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Nearly a quarter of his game time is via coming on as a substitute though? It’s no wonder he won’t get into positions or goal scoring chances when he’s only on for the last few moments of a game.

In other words Chelsea/Tuchel clearly thinks he's garbage and want to get rid after two seasons despite the massive fee and huge wages they have invested in him?

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

In other words Chelsea/Tuchel clearly thinks he's garbage and want to get rid after two seasons despite the massive fee and huge wages they have invested in him?

Like they did with Salah and KDB ?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Like they did with Salah and KDB ?

Are Chelsea fans sad that Werner is possibly leaving? As I said earlier, I think he would be a good signing for us but I don't see how anyone can say he has been good at Chelsea.

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

The current two best players in the PL, arguably the world, both flopped at Chelsea. For whatever reason there is a long history of great players just not finding form at Chelsea.

Nearly all Chelsea fans are happy to see him leave. If that’s not a warning sign nothing is.

we can take the gamble, I don’t mind, but please don’t overlook the risk behind. Werner has been fucking terrible . According to my Chelsea mates even his work rate on the pitch is under question.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The current two best players in the PL, arguably the world, both flopped at Chelsea. For whatever reason there is a long history of great players just not finding form at Chelsea.

Both of them were still very young at that time and they developed their games in a much easier league and transformed their own games before coming back to EPL.

Are people genuinely comparing Werners case to Salah/KDB?

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

I know but that doesn't mean every player Chelsea sell will become one of the best. Both of them were young too, Werner should be in his prime right now.

And I don't see how that has anything to do with the fact that he has been terrible at Chelsea, no matter how much talent he has.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

Nearly all Chelsea fans are happy to see him leave. If that’s not a warning sign nothing is.

we can take the gamble, I don’t mind, but please don’t overlook the risk behind. Werner has been fucking terrible . According to my Chelsea mates even his work rate on the pitch is under question.

It usually is, but there no denying that Chelsea are a special case when it comes to misusing and discarding talent. The list is way longer than just KDB and Salah. So I'm less inclined to take it as any sort of red flag. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It usually is, but there no denying that Chelsea are a special case when it comes to misusing and discarding talent. The list is way longer than just KDB and Salah. So I'm less inclined to take it as any sort of red flag. 

Chelsea did buy a lot of youngsters without giving them time to develop their games. We can also add Lukaku to the list. 

However that is not the case for the established ones. Do we have any recent examples for established players that flopped in Chelsea and then found success again in other teams?

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

I know but that doesn't mean every player Chelsea sell will become one of the best. Both of them were young too, Werner should be in his prime right now.

And I don't see how that has anything to do with the fact that he has been terrible at Chelsea, no matter how much talent he has.

Pretty much every comment here from Chelsea fans is how much they liked him and how great his effort and work rate has been. It just don't work out for them. 

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Chelsea did buy a lot of youngsters without giving them time to develop their games. We can also add Lukaku to the list. 

However that is not the case for the established ones. Do we have any recent examples for established players that flopped in Chelsea and then found success again in other teams?

If we're discounting young players not getting a chance like Salah, KDB, Sturridge etc, then Lukaku is an obvious case of a misused striker last season, then Torres, Diego Costa, and Tammy Abraham flopped or were discarded only to regain their form elsewhere. Considering they play one up front and it's only over a course of a decade or so, that's a lot of players. It's not called the striker's graveyard for nothing. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

True, but he's shown he has the ability to at Leipzig. Obviously it's a bit of a risk the fact that he hasn't found that form a Chelsea, but if we're after him our management clearly think he can find that form here and I trust our management's judgement on that.

7 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

True, but he's shown he has the ability to at Leipzig. Obviously it's a bit of a risk the fact that he hasn't found that form a Chelsea, but if we're after him our management clearly think he can find that form here and I trust our management's judgement on that.

That's exactly what I've been saying. 

I've seen enough from Werner to want him in.

I like his work rate, movement and pace. He didn't score many but he was crucial in their CL win, he ran Real Madrid ragged.

I've said before - he reminds me of Craig Bellamy and that dimension he added to our team was a game changer back then and could be the same today.

I wouldn't want to pay the 275k wages or whatever. But half? Option to buy? I;d take it. I reckon he would prefer Leipzeig(sp?) over us though.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Werner.PNG

In Leipzig he played as a second striker, and in Chelsea he was used as a conventional winger. That’s why his xG dropped. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I've seen enough from Werner to want him in.

I like his work rate, movement and pace. He didn't score many but he was crucial in their CL win, he ran Real Madrid ragged.

I've said before - he reminds me of Craig Bellamy and that dimension he added to our team was a game changer back then and could be the same today.

I wouldn't want to pay the 275k wages or whatever. But half? Option to buy? I;d take it. I reckon he would prefer Leipzeig(sp?) over us though.

And he had flopped at Coventry before we signed him.