Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Swear Kaka used to be a nutjob at one point like. Possibly my favourite footy chat poster nowadays :lol:

Mike Ashley brought the worst out of me man. Completely took my love for the game away. Could just about follow Newcastle results but couldn't watch any other football hardly. It's been a pleasure really getting back into it.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

He’s always been fine and one of the quality posters. More people could use his positive attitude. 

Appreciate that man. It was tough under Ashley though. Really enjoying football again now, and watching so much more, and wondering what players we could possibly look at from other teams. Been so much fun.

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

@KaKaloving your posts and insight on random players I’ve never heard of or seen, you are sending me and no doubt others down the rabbit hole of YouTube though ha ha, keep ‘em coming.

Totally agree. I know next to nowt about any footballers on the continent apart from the big names. Kaka keeps me in the loop.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Kaka knows his shit. Now just waiting for us to unveil Vangelis Pavlidis to the adoring masses. 

Oh God ... what did I say about Pavlidis :lol:

We were linked with him at one point right?

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Appreciate that man. It was tough under Ashley though. Really enjoying football again now, and watching so much more, and wondering what players we could possibly look at from other teams. Been so much fun.

I actually hoped that we would lose by the end. Thankfully I had the Warriors even during those poor two seasons, or I probably would have lost interest in sport.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh God ... what did I say about Pavlidis :lol:

We were linked with him at one point right?

Nah, your safe. I heard a sniff about him and you were all for it!

1 hour ago, gdm said:

"Hey Spurs, you got any spare attacking talent there?"

Other than Chelsea and Man City, who exactly has any attacking players who would ever be allowed to go out on loan and could do a job for us? Sounds like we enquired about two players (the 2 mentioned) and the Athletic have made it out to be more than that.

Given that we're likely to be pushing for a top half, maybe European place this year, and definitely looking to build to assault the top 6 in the coming seasons, I cannot imagine for a single minute that any of the top 6 will lend us anyone.

I mean there's nothing wrong with asking because you never know, I just hope we've got a better plan than that behind the scenes.

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I actually hoped that we would lose by the end. Thankfully I had the Warriors even during those poor two seasons, or I probably would have lost interest in sport.

Yeah, same. Couldn't bare seeing Bruce win games. Found it infuriating.

US sports was great. NBA and NFL were both key during the Ashley years.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Given that we're likely to be pushing for a top half, maybe European place this year, and definitely looking to build to assault the top 6 in the coming seasons, I cannot imagine for a single minute that any of the top 6 will lend us anyone.

I mean there's nothing wrong with asking because you never know, I just hope we've got a better plan than that behind the scenes.

I think it would have to be a loan with an option attached.

They would do it if it was a player that they wanted to move on I assume.

We have a ever expanding team of professionals running our club with sky high ambitions but with an eye on budget and sticking to the unfair rules set out to keep the elite the elite. I would hardly call them amateurs, in fact I would say we are better ran than the likes of Man U and Barca who just chuck money they haven't got at situations in the hope it fixes them.