Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

As a backup…he’s definitely good enough. Would obviously prefer a significantly better “purple” though.

We don't need a back up we have Longstaff, Shelvey and Willock as options for that. We need someone to take us to the next level and McTominay is certainly not that

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

We don't need a back up we have Longstaff, Shelvey and Willock as options for that. We need someone to take us to the next level and McTominay is certainly not that

I agree he’s not better than our best 11, but it depends what the club feel we need…to actually improve the 11 or just add more depth.

17 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Woeful as a CDM but he’s not that bad as a box to boxer. He’s a player that- because he became a bit of a meme for being overrated- is now, funnily enough, slightly underrated.

The fact that he’s at least somewhat of an athlete makes him quite a bit of an upgrade over Longstaff imo. I’d be okay with this, so long as it’s a loan; would be decent cover.

He’s fucking shit plain and simple, “not that bad box to box” give your head a shake man 

13 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

He’s fucking shit plain and simple, “not that bad box to box” give your head a shake man 

“Fucking shit” ffs, that’s harsh. The guy’s been playing regularly in a team that’s finished above us every year.

Not saying I’d be enthralled but he’s definitely decent enough to cover for us.

30 minutes ago, Ikon said:

But but most people said we dont necessarily need a CM… I guess that was when people thought we weren’t looking for one at all. 

I think someone told me the other day that keeping Dubravka was more important than getting a CM in.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

I'd rather take Barkley off Chelsea than McTominay, not apperantly after any money for him. 

Not convinced on Gallagher. 

You’ve got to go abroad and if it’s a DM we want then look at the likes of Alvarez and Sangare

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I'd rather take Barkley off Chelsea than McTominay, not apperantly after any money for him. 

Don't want any of them tbh.

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

:thup: very underrated player; bit slow but ideal if you’re looking for a defensively sound dm who can pick out a pass.

He’s played in the number 10 for Sheff Utd 

15 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

?? Barkley is one of the worst suggestions I’ve ever heard 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

“Fucking shit” ffs, that’s harsh. The guy’s been playing regularly in a team that’s finished above us every year.

Not saying I’d be enthralled but he’s definitely decent enough to cover for us.

Has hardly taken much to finish above is in the recent past has it ? 

On 10/08/2022 at 15:52, Rich said:

Any thoughts on the Goncalo Ramos situation from the Benfica lads yet?

@Bruno@TenkoDaLuz

I would expect him to leave if we failed the UCL qualification. I expect him to stay, for now.

He's having a strong beginning of season but not really sure he's all that everyone's saying and writing.

But, what do I know. Back in 2011 I remember commenting in the stands of Estádio da Luz that "this Di Maria guy is too thin, he's going nowhere", last year I was commenting "Nuñez was a mistake, he's too weak psychologically", so, there's a slight chance I might be wrong again.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Injuries threatening to derail our season before it starts. Need a couple more this week.

We're going to "need" players for several seasons to get to where we want to be. We all know where our weaknesses lie but it's quite an unrealistic ask to expect them to all be addressed in one window, particularly since our desire seems to be to only bring in players that improves the first 11.

Hopefully we do bring in some more (and I think we'll bring in at least one more), but whatever we have come the closure of the window gives us the tools to start the journey towards our targets.