Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

12 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Ross Barkley has played for England at every age category, including 33 caps for the senior team. People are quick to jump on these things and claim he's shite because he hasn't played regularly for Chelsea. Utter bollocks! He's never been shite and probably isn't shite now. What teams need to know is does he still have the ambition and hunger he used to have. If he does, he'd be a decent signing.  

Delle Alli has 37 caps for England. What's your point?

7 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Ross Barkley has played for England at every age category, including 33 caps for the senior team. People are quick to jump on these things and claim he's shite because he hasn't played regularly for Chelsea. Utter bollocks! He's never been shite and probably isn't shite now. What teams need to know is does he still have the ambition and hunger he used to have. If he does, he'd be a decent signing.  

He last won a cap over three years ago. A transfer to Villa didn’t occur because of how he played there on loan (shite). He hasn’t been selected for Chelsea, seemingly because he simply wasn’t good enough. At coming up to 29, sadly, he’s seemingly done man. We’re not the club to resurrect his career. Being given away by Chelsea, he should be being snapped up by a lower PL team hoping to hit lucky, or a good championship team even, but even that’s not currently happening. I can see the likes of Rangers taking a punt. 

22 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are telling me he’d be better than Bruno by far? 29 years old in December and still considered a talent. gtfo

I'm talking about the no doubt unrealistic scenario whereby someone is able to fix his mind and/or body to get him to play to the potential that he showed when a youngster. If so, he'd not just be better than Bruno, he'd be better than practically every other midfield player in the Premiership.

This lad had the lot, and he was widely tipped by many in the game to be an all-time great. He was playing for Everton at 17, he was the best player in their side at 21, and he's won 33 England caps. 

He may be the midfield equivalent of Micah Richards as a defender - someone with so much talent that they didn't need to apply themselves properly, and then got found out. Too much too soon, perhaps. 

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Delle Alli has 37 caps for England. What's your point?

And he was class for pretty much all of those England appearances! But, Alli has visibly been on the decline for years, has always been a shit trainer and was given a chance to revive his career last season. He couldn't be arsed.

Barkley hasn't yet shown that he's lost the hunger, so until he does you can't/shouldn't tar them with the same brush. He may well prove that he is another Delle Alli but just making the assumption because they're a similar age and their circumstances are similar is harsh.

By the way, i'm not suggesting we sign him at all, I just think the blanket assumption that he's now shit and is after a last big payday is an easy one to make with no justification....yet.

Just now, Holmesy said:

And he was class for pretty much all of those England appearances! But, Alli has visibly been on the decline for years, has always been a shit trainer and was given a chance to revive his career last season. He couldn't be arsed.

Barkley hasn't yet shown that he's lost the hunger, so until he does you can't/shouldn't tar them with the same brush. He may well prove that he is another Delle Alli but just making the assumption because they're a similar age and their circumstances are similar is harsh.

By the way, i'm not suggesting we sign him at all, I just think the blanket assumption that he's now shit and is after a last big payday is an easy one to make with no justification....yet.

Who cares how good he was for England 4 years ago? It's about who he is now, and nobody knows because he hasn't played for two tears.

I get what you're saying and if we signed him I'd be more than happy to trust Howe, but until somebody with any authority gives us something else we can only go on what we've witnessed, which is very little.

Just now, Ikon said:

Good window so far. I would say a 7/10 rating. Add a CM or RW and it’s a 9/10. Add both and it’s a 10/10 window. 

Aye can't argue with that.

7.5/8 out of 10 over the 2 windows I think, with the way the January window players have turned out plus what we've signed this one

I could see Rodgers going rouge and allowing Maddison and Tielemans to leave with Fofana, then sit back and say I told you so to the club. 

He knows he's not there long term. Why should he care who they sell. Looks better on his stats selling them on and recovering money.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Who cares how good he was for England 4 years ago? It's about who he is now, and nobody knows because he hasn't played for two tears.

I get what you're saying and if we signed him I'd be more than happy to trust Howe, but until somebody with any authority gives us something else we can only go on what we've witnessed, which is very little.

I don't think we should sign him personally, I'd rather we continued to develop Anderson. However, if Eddie thought he could get a tune out of him and signed him on a free I wouldn't be worried - it's pretty much zero risk.

I just think this blanket writing off of players and saying this guy is shit because that similar guy was shit, is harsh. Some players thrive in the right circumstances - settled into the area, the right manager, the right players around them, supportive fans etc. I've always liked Barkley as a player and i hope he comes good and proves a few people wrong.

Just now, Dokko said:

I could see Rodgers going rouge and allowing Maddison and Tielemans to leave with Fofana, then sit back and say I told you so to the club. 

He knows he's not there long term. Why should he care who they sell. Looks better on his stats selling them on and recovering money.

Brave to assume it’s Rodger’s making those decisions

Just now, Dokko said:

Not sure he has that level of power. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Don't think he's got that much of a say to be honest. Can't see their owners selling all 3 now. Be suicidal

Just now, Jack27 said:

Brave to assume it’s Rodger’s making those decisions

It's not, but he'll have a say and has resisted so far. He stops making a case for them to stay then it changes things.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Don't think he's got that much of a say to be honest. Can't see their owners selling all 3 now. Be suicidal

They're not going down. Could bring in half the value of the club in 3 players and then the club is sold this season. 

9 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I don't think we should sign him personally, I'd rather we continued to develop Anderson. However, if Eddie thought he could get a tune out of him and signed him on a free I wouldn't be worried - it's pretty much zero risk.

I just think this blanket writing off of players and saying this guy is shit because that similar guy was shit, is harsh. Some players thrive in the right circumstances - settled into the area, the right manager, the right players around them, supportive fans etc. I've always liked Barkley as a player and i hope he comes good and proves a few people wrong.

I couldn't give a shit about him myself. He chose a Chelsea salary over his career, he doesn't need any sympathy from me.

Lots of stuff about Tielemans and also haidara at leipzig.

Understandable that Longstaff is not deemed good enough to cover in there, he is allright at closing games out when we are a goal or two up but he gets caught in possession too much and is too slow on the ball release...