Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I watched his conference and he didn't say that at all. When asked the question he was keen to point out that Wilson's injury was not serious and that they both could play together. You stick to your budget though and let's see what happens.

Both can be true.

Just now, STM said:

Wonder if the 6m we are getting for Dubravka allows us some wriggle room also. Would certainly cover most of a loan move.

Doesn’t really change anything. If we want a player then FFP won’t change anything in the short term. If a player we want and rate is possible to get then I’m sure we will do it now (fair price)

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

What does this even mean?!

It means Evertons signings are generally well overpriced and under performing players on their way down. Just in the same way people were pleased to see some of the players we've been looking at linked also with Dortmund as they have a knack of getting recruitment right.

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Doesn’t sound like anything major will happen given what Eddie said in the prematch press conference 

Maybe a hammering at Liverpool may change that. We've no squad depth at all. I understand FFP but there was a real opportunity to push on that I feel is being missed but not addressing the issue

Edited by duo

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It means Evertons signings are generally well overpriced and under performing players on their way down. Just in the same way people were pleased to see some of the players we've been looking at linked also with Dortmund as they have a knack of getting recruitment right.

Onana particularly but Tarkowski (don’t @ me), McNeil, Maupay, Vinaigre and Coady were all decent to very good and  inexpensive buys for their current level.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Onana particularly but Tarkowski (don’t @ me), McNeil, Maupay, Vinaigre and Coady were all decent to very good and  inexpensive buys for their current level.

McNeil and Maupay are  particularly bad I'd argue for what they actually cost and what they contribute in terms of attacking output. The fact they've brought in all those players and are still down there and looking like one of the possibilities to get relegated says it all.

I think Everton have at least bought good characters. I'd trust Tarkowski and Coady to keep the dressing room honest and while that's normal the sort of shit from a PFM, in Evertons instance they genuinely need some players who can resonate with the fanbase.

They have effectively set the reset button on their squad. I still think that they have sufficient quality to survive but they need a striker desperately. I'm actually surprised they haven't come in for Chris Wood.

Edit: Forgot they had signed Maupay. Think that's a good move, even though he's not prolific.

Edited by STM

Think they’re set for another relegation battle season but their home form will probably carry them through. They’re not going to get a lot of goals and it’s not like they’ve got a quality midfield or defence so it’ll be a long struggle for them all season. You’re right that the characters in the dressing room are more steely now though, should count for a lot when they’re going through poor patches 

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, McCormick said:

That list is probably the most sensible signings they’ve made in years, underwhelming aye, but good solid pros and decent enough for where they are at right now!

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I think Everton have at least bought good characters. I'd trust Tarkowski and Coady to keep the dressing room honest and while that's normal the sort of shit from a PFM, in Evertons instance they genuinely need some players who can resonate with the fanbase.

They have effectively set the reset button on their squad. I still think that they have sufficient quality to survive but they need a striker desperately. I'm actually surprised they haven't come in for Chris Wood.

Edit: Forgot they had signed Maupay. Think that's a good move, even though he's not prolific.

Not prolific is being kind

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

It was Maitland Niles or Willock two years ago. Feels like a bit of a step back to the Ashley days to be honest. He's a player a side scrapping against relegation sign on loan. 

He would be expected to be a first team game changer under Ashley. He'd be a squad player for cover now.

We're still not Man City.

Guest reefatoon

Loan players will come in expecting to start. We won’t tempt people to come from someone’s bench to come sit on ours.

4 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

It was Maitland Niles or Willock two years ago. Feels like a bit of a step back to the Ashley days to be honest. He's a player a side scrapping against relegation sign on loan. 

We have signed Bruno, Botman and Isak in the space of 2 windows and you are complaining about stepping back to the Ashley days ?