Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Douglas Luiz seems like a sensible one for us. That's if ofcourse we can't get Tielemans. Both different types of midfielders but either would add good quality to our squad.

With Luiz only having a year left, it's surprising we haven't made a move for him before today, that would make me assume we aren't interested at all. 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Signing nobody then 

Or only open to players we're already aware of and have intel of, which was probably always the case and is so for about 75% of the league.

Fair enough, they have to be the right signings not just any signings.

Still though, I'm sure Murphy/wood etc. Are absolutely sound around the training ground, they're just lacking when it comes to the real job of playing football.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Or only open to players we're already aware of and have intel of, which was probably always the case and is so for about 75% of the league.

was going to say similar, so it’s not like Eddie Howe is Jack Bauer and has just 13 hours left to track down the mole in CTU

People said the same in January when it got to this stage and were wrong. Myself included. Not getting Lingard felt terminal, ffs.

We've got to trust Howe and the others at this point, surely?

Just now, elbee909 said:

How much more should have been spent then? For it to not be a 'mistake'.

Seems to be quite a mixed perception of what we 'need' in relation to what our aims are this season. Personally, I think our squad is strong enough to finish top 10 and have a good run in the cups this year which would be a good transition season for us. 

It's also harder for us to bring new blood in when we can't shift some of the deadwood. This will be a challenge for another year or so, imo.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Not about the money being spent, about the holes in the squad for me. Still lacking in midfield with Shelvey long term injured and another winger of quality wouldn't go amiss.

Happy with our business so far though.

I think we have got a pretty decent squad. A brilliant one compared to last summer. Only slight issue is our bench is very uninspiring but that’ll be improved in the long term. One more player would be magic but we’ve just gave both City and Liverpool a good game we are in good shape

I think if the league wasn't looking so open, people would've been more than satisfied.

Our performances with what we consider sub par players has actually raised people's expectations, and a few more top signings could see us making a real fist of it.

If we can finish top 10 this season and give the cups a real go, I'm buzzing!

I think they will stick in this window and if we are looking good for a European spot come Jan, they will likely push again for for CM and RW.

If anyone had said to the fan base that they would sign Botman and Isak in the summer window - everyone would have bit their hand off!

Edited by Awaymag

I'm guessing the people that keep going on about us being done and closed for business are saying this as a coping mechanism to manage their anxiety or something?

None of us know for certain so can we just wait on any news and follow things the rest of the day in peace? My God.

Just now, elbee909 said:

Got nothing to do with how much, when you have the likes of Willock and Almiron as first team selections and Wood and Murphy still getting minutes, then that in my mind is a mistake IF we don't bring anyone in. Hopefully we still will though 

6 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

That’s a nothing tweet really. Anyone who has been paying attention knows this and they will have already have a list of the right characters in the positions needed. More of a case of are we really that eager to get another one done today rather than difficulty picking out the players from what’s potentially available.

Edited by Nine