Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Regardless of whether we get 1, 2 or nobody at all. It is reassuring to know the club will be active on deadline day i.e. ready to move should a good loan deal present itself.

Nothing worse than getting the "closed for business" briefing at midday on deadline day under Ashley.

I know it is going to take time to build a good squad but I’m amazed we’ve done two windows with these owners and are still in a position where we’re putting Murphy on almost every game. For as good as our signings have been it’s been  shocking business from the club not to address a key position like that. 

10 minutes ago, Decky said:

I know it is going to take time to build a good squad but I’m amazed we’ve done two windows with these owners and are still in a position where we’re putting Murphy on almost every game. For as good as our signings have been it’s been  shocking business from the club not to address a key position like that. 

But surely with a fully fit squad, Murphy gets very little if any game time at all. The assumption is the front 3 will be ASM, Wilson and Isak, with Fraser and Almiron as first backups.

13 minutes ago, Decky said:

image.thumb.png.cbc970a79d1c9d3f7df4b6b71613f21c.png

Fair to say we've been looking for someone this whole summer, but they need to want to join us, be the right type of player with the right type of character and at the right price. We'll get there soon enough if not this transfer window.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

But surely with a fully fit squad, Murphy gets very little if any game time at all. The assumption is the front 3 will be ASM, Wilson and Isak, with Fraser and Almiron as first backups.

Fully fit squad with no new incomings I think it'll be ASM, Wilson or Isak, Almiron. 

I understand many are keen to see new players play as much as possible even if it means playing them out of position, but neither Wilson or Isak are wingers and I think shoehorning both in the current formation we play will be to the detriment of the team. They have as good as no experience playing in that position if you look at they entire careers up to now:

Wilson:

image.png.aac541fdc23bce6310a0aa13764a20d0.png

Isak:

image.png.7273a3ea476209f764dff1a69c07e351.png

28 minutes ago, Decky said:

To describe any part of the business we've done in the last two windows as "shocking" is a complete overreaction. 

Hope we get Tielemans i think he would be a great addition. Great passing ability and would be extremely happy with this window. 

Another winger would be good but that can wait. 

Really hope we can get at least one in. Would be a tremendous boost for the weekend for an injury ravaged squad.

With Krafth and Shelvey not worth registering and taking out the U21s (a mighty one u21), we are barely getting to the 25. Means there was no need to worry finding space for the likes of Fede, Dummett, Ritchie, Murphy and Gillespie, the majority of whom I would have expected to have moved on or left out. Fede/Dummett seem the likely one to miss out if we bring anyone in. Maybe Murphy/Ritchie out on loan? 

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Fully fit squad with no new incomings I think it'll be ASM, Wilson or Isak, Almiron. 

I understand many are keen to see new players play as much as possible even if it means playing them out of position, but neither Wilson or Isak are wingers and I think shoehorning both in the current formation we play will be to the detriment of the team. They have as good as no experience playing in that position if you look at they entire careers up to now:

Wilson:

Isak:

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Wilson:

Isak:

Definitely think Isak is capable of playing from outwide. Essentially a narrow wide forward on the right with Trippier providing more of the width down that side. 

Listed as 6-foot-4 on Real Sociedad’s club website, Isak’s height could bring about notions of a target man to the unacquainted. And yet the reality is that Isak is actually one of the most mobile strikers in Europe, both in terms of his general agility and ability to dribble with winger-like co-ordination. To watch Isak move with the ball, given his physical stature, feels like the football equivalent of watching NBA superstar Kevin Durant dribble with the basketball; that rare combination of lankiness paired with technical skills usually exclusive to smaller players.

The Swede has averaged 13.2 take-on attempts per 100 touches in La Liga this season – the highest rate of any striker to have played 500 minutes in the competition, while also ranking him in the 99th percentile among all players across the big five European leagues. It’s symbolic of Isak’s game that he shares the top end of this ranking with a host of Europe’s most lively wingers.

This mixture results in a style of forward play not dissimilar to the type with which Thierry Henry terrorised the Premier League with during the 2000s. Like the Frenchman, Isak is most comfortable when he’s on the move and he mixes in his classic penalty area runs with regular drifting into the channels to drag defenders into matchups they’d rather not entertain. Whether in a pure foot race or from a point of fronting them up with a dribble, Isak is skilled enough to beat full backs and simply too quick for most centre backs. When he drops deeper to receive, Isak’s accelerations towards the teeth of the defence can wreak havoc for unorganised opponents

Judging by EH this week will will sign today =0

Judging by how quick we do deals we will sign today =0

Im going out on a limb and I’m going to say 2 out on loan today and 0 in 

Have a great yellow ticker day :howe:

6 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Definitely think Isak is capable of playing from outwide. Essentially a narrow wide forward on the right with Trippier providing more of the width down that side. 

Definitely - get a good right midfielder in place of Willock, and that + Trippier will provide the creativity on the right-hand side easy. Isak can play narrow, just tucked in behind Wilson on the right. Tielemans makes sense in this regard - he and Bruno have the capacity to pick out their man and play a killer pass.

The window itself is great. Isak Botman are great purchase and together with those we got in January we have a very solid starting eleven

But fuck me please bring in a few more players, we don’t have substitutes, never mind covers. If we have better substitutes we should have a draw already 

4 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Really could do with a Jonjo replacement. I think it should have become a priority after we knew how bad the injury was. No guarantee he gets back into shape well knowing what he's like. 

Don’t think this is fair. He played his best football under Howe. I think he’s up for it and will contribute quite a lot when he comes back. 

22 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Don’t think this is fair. He played his best football under Howe. I think he’s up for it and will contribute quite a lot when he comes back. 

:thup:  He is fighting for his career now and knows what kind of chance this is. Ultimately he is limited and will get replaced but I don't think it will be due to lack of effort under Howe.

26 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Chelsea has apparently offered 50 million Euros for Edson Alvarez, so we can put paid to that target.

Might be trying to flush us out for more cash. Still seems unlikely at this stage.

32 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Chelsea has apparently offered 50 million Euros for Edson Alvarez, so we can put paid to that target.

Chelsea seem so disjointed  I can see them looking for a new manager soon