Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Definitely think Isak is capable of playing from outwide. Essentially a narrow wide forward on the right with Trippier providing more of the width down that side. 

I think you’re correct about him being able to play out on the wing- I’ve only seen the YouTube compilation from him so I’m far from being an expert but most of his clips were him starting from the left so I do question the right?

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Don’t think this is fair. He played his best football under Howe. I think he’s up for it and will contribute quite a lot when he comes back. 

I think we’ve missed Shelvey but that position may be first up in January window then RB

Have had time to cool off after yesterday's heartbreak, but on reflection, I hope we learn from it that we must make at least one more addition to the squad. That weak bench cost us a point IMO, the players who came on weakened us visibly, and we needed a couple of very tired players to be replaced 20 mins earlier. Please don't sit on your laurels NUFC. We are close to a special season, but every other club is fighting for the same thing.

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

Fully fit squad with no new incomings I think it'll be ASM, Wilson or Isak, Almiron. 

I understand many are keen to see new players play as much as possible even if it means playing them out of position, but neither Wilson or Isak are wingers and I think shoehorning both in the current formation we play will be to the detriment of the team. They have as good as no experience playing in that position if you look at they entire careers up to now:

Wilson:

image.png.aac541fdc23bce6310a0aa13764a20d0.png

Isak:

image.png.7273a3ea476209f764dff1a69c07e351.png

Nobody wants Isak as a winger though, he would be starting on the wing for defensive shape but would be playing as a ‘wide forward’. He wouldn’t be sitting out wide crossing the ball in.

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

Fully fit squad with no new incomings I think it'll be ASM, Wilson or Isak, Almiron. 

I understand many are keen to see new players play as much as possible even if it means playing them out of position, but neither Wilson or Isak are wingers and I think shoehorning both in the current formation we play will be to the detriment of the team. They have as good as no experience playing in that position if you look at they entire careers up to now:

Wilson:

Isak:

As an add on to this, Isak was signed in part because of Wilson's injury record. Wilson isn't suddenly going to stay fit just because Isak is here now. I doubt ASM, Wilson and Isak will all be fit at the same for more than 15 games this season.

A winger is a definite necessity.

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

Wilson:

Isak:

Howe has said they’ll play in the same team.

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

Wilson:

Isak:

I read that as if Wilson is most effective as a left winger...

We need some replacements for the Gang of Glass up front. Wilson, ASM and Fraser, arguably our first choice 3 pre-Isak, are too regularly injured. Does anyone know how many games these three played together? Winger is definitely a necessity, preferably one comfortable playing regular and inverted roles.

Whatever happens today, if we end up with as we are now, or get a couple in, ill I'm happy with it, as I think we could get by until January, and realistically it's going to take 2/3 years for us to fully rotate the squad.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Have had time to cool off after yesterday's heartbreak, but on reflection, I hope we learn from it that we must make at least one more addition to the squad. That weak bench cost us a point IMO, the players who came on weakened us visibly, and we needed a couple of very tired players to be replaced 20 mins earlier. Please don't sit on your laurels NUFC. We are close to a special season, but every other club is fighting for the same thing.

Our bench isn’t particularly weak when everyone is fully fit. I genuinely think that everyone is overstating of “weak” the squad is. It’s not. It’s just being highlighted right now because we happen to have 3 of our best players out at the same time. If everyone’s fit, our bench is significantly better.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Our bench isn’t particularly weak when everyone is fully fit. I genuinely think that everyone is overstating of “weak” the squad is. It’s not. It’s just being highlighted right now because we happen to have 3 of our best players out at the same time. If everyone’s fit, our bench is significantly better.

I’d say 4 - Shelvey would be a starter at this point if fit. Over 1/3rd of the team.

The biggest factor that makes people think our bench and squad is weak is mainly because they know how easily Wilson and ASM get injured. Some people say that it isn’t too bad because when everyone is fit there are decent options. Problem is that two of our best players aren’t fit a lot of the time so we don’t have a squad where most are fit, never mind the most important players. This makes the point kind of weak. 

Even then, we lack quality in some areas/squad. Don’t start with the bullshit can’t do it all in one window. That’s not what I’m saying or expecting. 

Edited by Ikon

Whether we do anything or not, I don't know but I'm certain that the usual suspects will have us linked with someone to ramp up our interests.

SSN make sure every fan has something to look out for, because they want as many as possible watching.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Nobody wants Isak as a winger though, he would be starting on the wing for defensive shape but would be playing as a ‘wide forward’. He wouldn’t be sitting out wide crossing the ball in.

Seems a waste to spend all his energy on doing Almiron-work operating as security for Trippier.

12 minutes ago, christ said:

Where do we stand on player registrations? Hard to see us bringing anyone in (except maybe a centre mid) unless we can move a couple of players on.

If we don't register Krafth and Shelvey, nor shortstaff and Dubravka, I make it that we actually have a spare squad place at the moment.

15 minutes ago, christ said:

Where do we stand on player registrations? Hard to see us bringing anyone in (except maybe a centre mid) unless we can move a couple of players on.

Currently have 29 (with Dubravka out the door)
Some likely to be left out: Krafth, Matty Longstaff, Watts, maybe Shelvey I really don't know

If those four aren't registered we'll have the 25 but sure we can make space/shift somebody is their is movement today (which I hope there is)