Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I can see the appeal of a Merino, Bruno and big Joe midfield. I’ve been impressed with Longstaff and Willock massively this season though and would be more than happy to get to next summer with our current options. 

However, the signing of a Merino type midfielder would insure us against any injury to Bruno, which would dramatically downgrade our current ball retention capability.

We have a number of players who can play as a 6 in a pinch but none for whom that's their best position. Even Bruno is best as an 8 but he plays incredibly as a 6. Howe's system demands everyone press and harry but it does mean that we are probably less capable of changing tactics. 

A top-class 6 unlocks Bruno at his absolute best, unlocks more running into channels, and gives us even more ability to maintain control of matches via the midfield. It's not a necessity per se but I think it would be a position worth targeting. Edson Alvarez would be perfect. Not sure we can get him.

Given the complete change in playing style I don't think we actually need a 'destroyer' in the middle now as essentially we've got the front 6 playing so high that they're all destroyers. During the summer I was totally in favour of it and playing Bruno higher but I've changed my mind. Someone like Merino would be perfect, technically sound, can run all day, tackles/intercepts and also bring the ball forward and pick a pass too. 

Back to Angelo Gabriel - he's 17 and already top 2 or 3 (according to Wyscout data) in the Brasilian top league in dribbles, progressive passes, through balls, smart passes, basically all the stuff we need from our attacking players. He's obviously raw but already making huge impacts in league matches against much more experienced players, and he's part of the national team U20 setup.  

He looks like he's got all the makings of a future star. The kind of player we need to snap up and mold in our image 

25 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I think there's a chance he leaves in January if they drop out of the Champions League (currently third in their group).

Would be a remarkable signing, I'd probably say still a bit beyond us but you can never say never, especially if Yasir fancies it...

It’s just a no brainer - how old is he? 21 

I mean the prospect of our coaches getting their hands on him 

Looking at potential PL targets, i went for players who I felt fitted certain profiles, I.e mainly young, mainly British. One that stood out for me was Emile Smith-Rowe, who doesn't start for Arsenal but has massive potential.

Tielemans (out of contract)

Shaw (out of contract)

Trossard (out of contract)

Maddison

Barnes

Emile Smith-Rowe

Buendia

Ramsey

Pulisic

Broja

Lamptey

Soucek (contract up in 2024)

Gordon

Holgate

Mitchell

Eze

Walker-Peters

Harrison

Gelhardt

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Looking at potential PL targets, i went for players who I felt fitted certain profiles, I.e mainly young, mainly British. One that stood out for me was Emile Smith-Rowe, who doesn't start for Arsenal but has massive potential.

Tielemans (out of contract)

Shaw (out of contract)

Trossard (out of contract)

Maddison

Barnes

Emile Smith-Rowe

Buendia

Ramsey

Pulisic

Broja

Lamptey

Soucek (contract up in 2024)