Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

You guys think Bellingham is a possibility or are we still not established enough to maybe tempt him? Imagine Bruno, Bellingham and Big Joe as our midfield 3  :drool:

We aren't going to be making these types of signings man :lol:

Just now, KaKa said:

We aren't going to be making these types of signings man :lol:

in 3 or 4 years time if we have sorted our comercial incomings we will be, truth be told I am dreading it a little, getting players more interested in followers on the gram than on working hard on the pitch to prove themselves. But yes that is what I was saying we're not signing bellingham lol

It'll be interesting to see who we sign in January, compared to last Jan with our dodgy league position and players a bit reluctant (understandably!).

I reckon players will be much keener to join this club now, in fact we will be beating them off with a shitty stick!

A couple of quality players will do, no need to disrupt the team spirit now the lads are performing and are happy. Still can't believe how well this group of players are doing :)

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

in 3 or 4 years time if we have sorted our comercial incomings we will be, truth be told I am dreading it a little, getting players more interested in followers on the gram than on working hard on the pitch to prove themselves. But yes that is what I was saying we're not signing bellingham lol

Yeah, I responded to the wrong post.

Even longer term I think we'll find that the majority of our stars will be players we brought in when they were younger top prospects, and who then developed to be top players.

Don't think the vision is to ever be spending £100 million on players.

Edited by KaKa

I continue to hope the player price bubble will burst (and i hope in a manner that really punishes twatish clubs like Barcalona who have staked so much on ludicrous spending) but it feels unlikely still. I know now we are super rich it ultimately will play into our hands lol but the league will be better for players not being ludicrously overpriced. Still, football will probably totally implode before it does anything sensible and that will be bad

Bellingham is almost certainly out of reach for now...

but I'd love us to really push it and make a bid. Ask the question and ruffle a few feathers and turn a few heads. He's going to get better offers from better clubs and he'll inevitably pick one of them but just get involved and change a few perceptions. Imagine the (imaginary) bid got accepted? Suddenly it's "fuck, they're after Bellingham now!" - would be a statement even when it fails

Zero chance of Bellingham, 100%. Only teams capable of getting him is RM and PSG IF they threw the kitchen zink at it, and even then I doubt it. Man City too could happen. Doubt even BM could get him, and I also doubt they will try. 

What I love about this team today. Howe has me actually questioning do we start Maxi or Shelvey now.

Do we play Joe or Jo in midfield 3, do we bring Target back for Burn. Where the fuck does Isak player....?

Then we have 1-2 more to come in in January... Murphy looked impressive today on the left, better than Maxi if we're honest.

We have a lot of options.

I love how Howe has made us a team and not individuals. Its beautiful to watch, collective effort and talent, well drilled but with so many options due to how well coached we are.

Excited to see how we keep growing.

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

What I love about this team today. Howe has me actually questioning do we start Maxi or Shelvey now.

Do we play Joe or Jo in midfield 3, do we bring Target back for Burn. Where the fuck does Isak player....?

Then we have 1-2 more to come in in January... Murphy looked impressive today on the left, better than Maxi if we're honest.

We have a lot of options.

I love how Howe has made us a team and not individuals. Its beautiful to watch, collective effort and talent, well drilled but with so many options due to how well coached we are.

Excited to see how we keep growing.

I like Joe further forward for away games.  His pressing is amazing.  I think at the minute, Maxi at home, Joe away against the bigger sides.  Doing that might also mean we can keep Maxi fit but also away a great option off the bench.

But Eddie won't give a fuck if we are home, away, playing a worlds best 11, he will play what he thinks is best for us and our style will be the same.

If rumors are to be true and Manquillo may leave in Jan, then I think we absolutely need a backup/understudy to Tripps in Jan. Other than that, it’s extremely difficult to pinpoint who we’d go after in Jan to strengthen because at the moment the team is flying and the original idea of adding an attacking mid and winger to this team is hard to think about when Isak is coming back, Miggy is in this form, Longstaff/Willock/Joelinton are nearly undroppable! 

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

If the team stays in such great form, then I think the club will use the funds they had allocated for January into signing more top prospects, rather than first-team signings. 

I'm not so sure, if we look like we're in the mix for top four they might decide to spend that extra little bit to fast-track signings and cement it.

32 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If rumors are to be true and Manquillo may leave in Jan, then I think we absolutely need a backup/understudy to Tripps in Jan. Other than that, it’s extremely difficult to pinpoint who we’d go after in Jan to strengthen because at the moment the team is flying and the original idea of adding an attacking mid and winger to this team is hard to think about when Isak is coming back, Miggy is in this form, Longstaff/Willock/Joelinton are nearly undroppable! 

If Manquillo goes in Jan it’ll be because we’ve lined up a replacement. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go for another attacking option either to offer more goals/depth from the wing and/or an attacking midfield option to open up defences at home given more teams are going to come and sit in a la Bournemouth. Trossard seems like a logical option to boost the squad depth on the wings. 

It’ll be interesting to see what they decide to do given our position because I think they’ll all acknowledge we’re further ahead than where they thought we’d probably be. You get the impression they might well opt to strengthen from a positive position which is the complete opposite to the previous regime. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Defensively if we keep what we have fit then I don't see the need to strengthen there, likewise in attack. Maddison has to be our priority if we're only going to make one signing in January.

If we somehow maintain this form and remain around where we are I think we will absolutely have more people interested than we would expect. 

Before it was a project that had to be sold a little. Now the project is clearly working and even more attractive. It's arguably the most exciting project in football. People can see the fans and city bought in. Success here won't be like the other places it will be very special indeed when it comes. Being a part of that will be absolutely tantalizing.

I think we'll add 1-2 first team level and back that up with 1-2 younger players. Eventually I think we'll have a lot of talented youth players waiting in the wings, players who will not be too pissed waiting their turn while our main 11-15 experienced players, play most games. It's nice where building up all levels and age groups as we go. Exciting times :)  

Also interested to see how Howe may shuffle the tactics slightly with the front players. Ala Burn left back/left centre halve. It's crazy how fluid but balanced our defence is right now allowing Trippier to play almost as a Deep Midfield playmaker at times.