Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Jenas is a lifting commentator like, consistently wrong. Presenting is entirely different mind.

He’s so deadpan and monotone. Such a hard listen and shite to use as a commentator.

I think they should go the non-footballer route. Bring James Richardson back to our screens more regularly you cowards.

Alex Scott is pretty shit on that quiz show she hosts tbh. Couldn't sound more robotic if she tried. I get that you have to start somewhere, but giving her the job wouldn't be because she's the best, most appropriate person for the role.

I could actually see Ian Wright transitioning into the role, although you'd lose a bit from him in terms of analysis and #bantz

If it must be a woman/female/non-penis, either Gabby Logan or Laura Woods could do the job, Hipgrave would be good if she sacks her fake accent off.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

20 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think they should go the non-footballer route. Bring James Richardson back to our screens more regularly you cowards.

Alex Scott is pretty shit on that quiz show she hosts tbh. Couldn't sound more robotic if she tried. I get that you have to start somewhere, but giving her the job wouldn't be because she's the best, most appropriate person for the role.

I could actually see Ian Wright transitioning into the role, although you'd lose a bit from him in terms of analysis and #bantz

If it must be a woman/female/non-penis, either Gabby Logan or Laura Woods could do the job, Hipgrave would be good if she sacks her fake accent off.

Woods is the best in the business fir me.. her and mccoist are brilliant together on talksports.

24 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Alex Scott is clearly a very good egg but I don't think I've once seen her look at home when broadcasting. She just seems permanently awkward and constantly speaks like she's about to wet herself from laughing. Would be a terrible choice for MOTD. She's areet as a pundit.

Obviously we don't like Jenas and he talks shit when it comes to us, but he looks like the natural successor to Lineker. I also don't mind him on comms. :-X

There was a Belgium game that Jenas was on where he was banging on about a VAR decision that was clearly correct.

He also spent a majority of the game insisting KdB is pushed up the pitch. Belgium pushed him up the pitch and he started commenting that he didn't have enough space.

British football punditry has to be the worst punditry going. It's split between insipid and the dense. That's why anyone who's even half decent comes along is unjustifiably lauded, we're just starved of decent content.

Said it so many times, for the elite national sport and the richest league in the world, the fact that broadcasters just continue to employ the same clueless shites is absolutely insane. 

I don't know if the producers don't know enough to choose, or if they think the audience aren't clever enough to know the difference. Either way it's very weird. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

48 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Obviously this would be the best case scenario. In terms of hosting panache he is by far and away the best in the business. Unfortunately he isn't a big enough name, or even in the BBC ecosystem for the MOTD gig. I also feels like he is more at home when he has fellow footy journalists as pundits alongside him, rather than ex-pro's. That BT goals show is the best way to watch the CL group stage games when there's no standout match. 

36 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Has to be under threat a bit now the highlights are instantly available on YouTube. 

Probably why the A-list pundits are so much more like characters these days. There's no need to sit through Match of the Day and the likes because you can get the precise thing you want almost instantly via social media. Got to make the studio drama unmissable too.

Personally I much prefer the best bud stuff between Shearer and Wright than I do whatever confrontational episode (i.e. Keane and A.N. Other) Sky and ITV manufacture game to game. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Probably why the A-list pundits are so much more like characters these days. There's no need to sit through Match of the Day and the likes because you can get the precise thing you want almost instantly via social media. Got to make the studio drama unmissable too.

Personally I much prefer the best bud stuff between Shearer and Wright than I do whatever confrontational episode (i.e. Keane and A.N. Other) Sky and ITV manufacture game to game. 

The main steam TV watcher wants the banter and confrontational shit right? they don't want tactics boards and technical analysis - that's what the internet and youtube have done?

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The main steam TV watcher wants the banter and confrontational shit right? they don't want tactics boards and technical analysis - that's what the internet and youtube have done?

It's basically reality TV. I would love to know what percentage of all programming, globally, is 'reality TV'. I assume it's the most common genre. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Similar sort of thing can happen online too tbh, look at something like The Kick Off who's main schtick is continually having "heated debates" between people who have differing opinions on various things, they regularly used to get 15 thousand concurrent viewers, and nearly 500k subscribers on YouTube. Whereas someone like James Allcot, who is very good at the tactical analysis, and offers insightful information about how different teams setup and why they may or may not succeed only gets on average a couple of hundred viewers when he live streams, and only has 200k subscriptions on Twitch.

The average person just wants to be entertained, as apposed to having to think analytically tbh.