Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, Shak said:

As exciting as a link like that is I do feel the whole point of getting Ashworth in is that we're going to look to sign players like Kvaradonna at the stage Napoli did rather than paying massive transfer fees for them once they've got all the top clubs after them.

Interesting question isn't it. You could argue that he did that out of necessity at Brighton because they don't have much money. We have loads. Then again, obviously it's better to get these stars earlier in their careers. Guess it'll probably be a bit of both, smart signings like Bruno combined with the odd blockbuster. 

Can’t imagine Napoli would be selling anyone given they’ve got their best chance of winning the league in years. Unless they’ve got some huge irregularities that have been discovered and I’ve not read about.

That would be a dream signing. 

Yes, the price tag will be big but he will probably fit into our wage structure. Can't imagine he's on bucket loads having signed for Napoli in the summer for only a £10m fee.

Hard to adjust our mindsets but if we carry on our form this season, this is certainly a realistic signing in the summer.

Doesn’t sound like he’s on much of a wage compared to PL money. Also the club might still need to sell? 

“Kvara earns €1.7m gross, €1.2 after taxes, Lorenzo was getting €9m gross, €4.5m net,” said the Partenopei director who admitted Koulibaly, Insigne, Mertens and Fabian left for financial reasons. 

“We had to run a risk, COVID has affected the finances and we had to bring the club back into a sustainable path. To do that, we had to cut the wage bill. Their sales was a forced choice.”

https://football-italia.net/napoli-forced-to-sell-koulibaly-to-chelsea-kvaratskhelias-real-salary-revealed/amp/

1 hour ago, Guybrush said:

Isn't he like the Georgian Ben Arfa? Would be immense.

He is sensational -  very similar to Grealish (the Villa version) in his style 

Big problem with any purchase of a Napoli player is their President who will basically tell the bidder to F off and that will be that 

12 minutes ago, Mikky said:

He is sensational -  very similar to Grealish (the Villa version) in his style 

Big problem with any purchase of a Napoli player is their President who will basically tell the bidder to F off and that will be that 

In January for sure. Can see him being more open to it in the Summer. But the fee will be huge and there will be no lack of bidders. 

30 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

In January for sure. Can see him being more open to it in the Summer. But the fee will be huge and there will be no lack of bidders. 

You would have to pay £85m plus huge add ons if he keeps up the same trajectory - I mean anything less than £100m and the Napoli President will not pick up the phone I reckon

If Napoli win the league it could turn out to be a real golden era for them

De Laurentiis is as tough as they come 

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Aye let’s hold off signing players so

another team can benefit :lol: 

I’m saying that’s what I’d prefer. I’m not saying that’s how Ashworth and co should operate

Edited by Collage

We need to make money to appease the ffp gods so that means buying players with sell on value, if, as i suspect, he really costs fair bit over £50m it makes it dubious we will make a profit on him to some degree. I think it is players like Bruno who are a step below in cost for the foreseeable, could be wrong and Isak signing surprised me so who knows...

How fucking weird is it to be linked to someone like that and think it even a possibility lol

2 hours ago, Collage said:

Not sure Ben Arfa is the one I’d compare him with. Kvara is more intense, more effective and a better team player than HBA imo.

Anyone who dribbles well with close control and can shoot is Ben Arfa to me [emoji38]

Messi? An Argentinian Ben Arfa

Ronaldo? A poor man's Ben Arfa

Ben Arfa? Depending on the day, also a poor man's Ben Arfa [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

We need to make money to appease the ffp gods so that means buying players with sell on value, if, as i suspect, he really costs fair bit over £50m it makes it dubious we will make a profit on him to some degree. I think it is players like Bruno who are a step below in cost for the foreseeable, could be wrong and Isak signing surprised me so who knows...

How fucking weird is it to be linked to someone like that and think it even a possibility lol

Profit in FFP terms is a bit more complicated. I don't know the details of the Isak deal but let's say it was £60m and a 6-year contract. His book value goes down £10m per season so if we sold him for £60m in three seasons, FFP doesn't see that as breaking even, it sees it as a £30m profit.

I do see your point though and you're going to make a lot more profit selling a player for twice what you bought him for.